Elkridge News from Heartland!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Check out the all new PEARL exterior on ElkRidge.
-High gloss gel coated Pearl exterior - STANDARD
-Painted front cap - STANDARD
-Full paint look, without the cost - STANDARD

1008694_10151633453629227_1916387925_o.jpg

The dealer I have been talking to about buying an Elkridge says that the price is going to increase $12 000 for next year. Anyone know if this is fact or fiction, thought maybe with the new outside design this would explain the increase.

danemayer

The dealer I have been talking to about buying an Elkridge says that the price is going to increase $12 000 for next year. Anyone know if this is fact or fiction, thought maybe with the new outside design this would explain the increase.

Sounds like he thinks he can scare you into buying the trailer he's got on the lot.

GOTTOYS

$12,000 would buy a real full body paint job and leave you some change at a different dealer, and that's exactly where I would go shopping...Don

If you compare full MSRP to his "sale" price maybe.
The "sale" price to MSRP is exactly it!!!! I tried using MSRP with them to compare what another dealer would give us as a deal, which was 25% off MSRP and then so much for our trade. He told me they don't work off MSRP, I would like to think that every dealer works off MSRP.

priorguy

You're right. Every dealer has the MSRP and most will show it to you to prove their sale price is good. The only way for you to compare deals is the bottom line difference between your trade in and their sale price. If one dealer gives you say $2ooo more for your trade but their price is $3000 more your $1000 better at the other guy? Simple enough math, I think I'm confusing myself? Just worry about the difference in the deals. When I traded in my old SOB I got "twice" the NADA guide price, but the new unit cost a bit more then another store that went by NADA for trade ins. Bottom line was the difference between trade in and purchase was still better.

It is all about bottom line, as it is a numbers game. One tells you they will give you X amount for your trade and so much off what they are asking, and another will tell you XX amount more for your trade. The other number game I liked was well if you are looking at a trade then the fifth wheel is not on sale and give you so much off the retail price. Anyways, done a lot of price researching and trying to negotiate a deal and haven't been able to make one. So we are going to try and sell our SOB on our own and see what kind of deal we can get at the RV shows up here in Canada, as we are liking the look of the new Elkridge. Not to mention we might only get out a few more times camping before snow. Thanks everyone.

Wmnmy

we went to just look at the new Elkridge love the color and wireless key fob for landing gears front back awning and slam doors DW fell in love with it so we traded in cyclone got great deal on it. johnny walker rv las vegas nv great service department also .

Eddhuy

If the dealer does not give you straight answers you can bet there will be other things he is not being honest about as well. I would leave and not go back.

priorguy

Best of luck to you and I hope things work out well for you.

I've always found the bigger the dealer the easier the deal is to make. This time of year they are offering everything in Ottawa. 25-50% off, free winter storage, first year camping fees, no payments for a year, anything they can do to sell trailers before winter when everyone hibernates. In the Ottawa area, BMG group has easily 20 dealers under various names, and they have stores across Canada. 3 to 4 times a year they have a huge sale at the Canadian Tire Center (Senators arena) parking lot with hundreds of trailers. My neighbour picked up a new SOB and they gave him top dollar site unseen for his trade. They took my SOB trade and gave me twice the NADA book to make the sale sight unseen (twice). In Canada at least, this is the best time to buy because they don't want to carry the inventory over the winter. Don't let them scare you about the price next year though. They are purchasing for next year already, the only increase will be small percentage from the factory and any difference in exchange rate to USD.

B

bwwalczak

That rumor about a $12,000 price increase is totally false. There is an upgrade cost to have high gloss fiberglass and painted front around $1,875.

Just wanted to clarify. The new ElkRidge looks stunning.

That rumor about a $12,000 price increase is totally false. There is an upgrade cost to have high gloss fiberglass and painted front around $1,875.

Thanks Bryan, I think we have decided to wait for this upgrade to make it into Alberta. Hopefully we can still make a great deal at one of the RV shows in Feb. 2014 as we love the new look. Is there any other changes happening to the ElkRidge? Mainly the 37 ultimate, as this is the one we are wanting.

Wmnmy

You are so right I love it just traded in the ole cyclone for the Elkridge with the high gloss pain cant get it till Tuesday then goin to Temecula rally to make new friends hope to see yall there.