Bike rack

I have a 2013 Big Horn and need to put a bike rack on the rear. As we know, no square bumper so it would have to be attached to the frame. Naturally they put the electric stabilizer right at the very rear with only about 2" of frame to attach to. Question is, has anyone welded a receiver hitch on the frame at the rear or any other ideas on the subject. Also can't put the bike on the truck roof, too large and heavy to lift up on the roof. Thanks in advance for any help. Rick

sjs731

I drew this and had one of the guys at work weld it up for me. Clears the scissors jacks that run full width in the rear. Just bolted it to the flanges on the outside of the frame I-beam. Didn't weld it on because I don't plan on towing with it.
ny6yqysu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

Steve, does the receiver miss the stabilizer when it is retracted. Seems like it would "bump" into it. Also my ladder sticks out and wonder if yours does also making the bike sit out from the 5er quite a bit. thanks for yr help.

noobee

I have a 2013 Big Horn and need to put a bike rack on the rear. As we know, no square bumper so it would have to be attached to the frame. Naturally they put the electric stabilizer right at the very rear with only about 2" of frame to attach to. Question is, has anyone welded a receiver hitch on the frame at the rear or any other ideas on the subject. Also can't put the bike on the truck roof, too large and heavy to lift up on the roof. Thanks in advance for any help. Rick

You might want to consider a rack that fits on the pin box. I used a Top Pop Rails unit that is now for sale.

sjs731

Steve, does the receiver miss the stabilizer when it is retracted. Seems like it would "bump" into it. Also my ladder sticks out and wonder if yours does also making the bike sit out from the 5er quite a bit. thanks for yr help.

Yes it misses the stabilizers. I went out and threw the rack and a bike on last night and took some pics. It must have never uploaded though. I also have a 2 bike extension to bolt onto that rack so if I carry 4 bike it sticks about 5' behind the rig.
gugemu7e.jpg
aqyjy5ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK