Comic Relief

JanAndBill

We call those 'blond moments' at our house, since both my wife and step daughter are both 'clinically' blond!

And both have been known to have been 'clinical' from time to time! :p

She's not blonde, very intelligent, and all in all a pretty good head on her shoulders. It's just every now and then "the lights are on but ......."

Mizmary

Re: Comic Relief Needed

Since it was my fault, and poor, poor DH WAS THE VICTIM I suppose I can share....

We were trying to get moved from one place to another and the office was keeping him later than we planned. In order to avoid traffic I did as much as I could to break camp alone with the two rug rats running around.

I guess I got distracted after dumping the black tank, and forgot to close it. Then, I sealed everything up. We had purchased some new connections, so I tossed the old ones.

We got to the new site and I went to hook everything back up. We were missing the elbow that goes into the ground. No biggie, right? We have a few days before it becomes emergent to dump. Today, we got a new elbow, I headed off with the kids and left the hubby to hook up the sewer hose.

He was VERY surprised when he opened the cap. And so were our neighbor who were cooking dinner. Luckily he has a more stable head on his shoulders than I do. He got the hose attached with as little spillage as possible ( any black spill is too much!!), cleaned up the mess, and we have everything hooked up as it should be.

The miracle is that I am still here to tell this tale after I made the scene from the movie RV a reality. I will have to refrain from teasing all the RV goofs for a while since we are back in that group. Oops.

donr827

When I was a newbie I did the same thing. Most RVers have done this once but it sure makes you pay more attention in the future.Don

Mizmary

When I was a newbie I did the same thing. Most RVers have done this once but it sure makes you pay more attention in the future.Don

The sad part is- I'm so not a newbie. I've been RV camping weekly since I was 14, and I had to help with setup and takedown. We have been full timing for TWO years.

Ugh. Oh well. Now- what do I do for the neighbors who got to witness that while they were eating dinner? Eek.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Comic Relief...

We are up in Estes Park, Colorado right now with our Trail Runner RV.

Last night when we came back from our daily tourist activities, the road in the RV park was blocked by a trailer that was three or four spaces up from us as they were preparing to leave.

They flagged us around and after I parked the truck I walked up to see if they needed a hand with something.

As it turned out, this was their first ever campout with a travel trailer and they were trying to get their WD stuff hooked up.

They had just finished hooking it up and it was accidently leveled (ie.- he told me that he really didn't know what he was doing).

I spent a few minutes with him and explained how it works and the correct way to do it.

As I was looking over his hitch setup, I noticed that it was all installed wrong . . . he told me that he purchased it all online and put it on himself! :confused:

Without getting too deeply into it, I strongly urged him to take both his truck and trailer to a hitch shop and have them install and set it up the right way.

His wife also made the comment that they finally figured out how to get the furnace fired up on their last night here and she laughingly joked that they froze their rear ends off every night!

I told her that most campers are a pretty cool bunch, and on their future campouts that if they can't figure something out to not be afraid to ask a fellow RV'er for advice or help as they will most likely offer their experience/help without issue!

Most especially the Heartland bunch!