hydraulic jack problem

Sparkie

We have a 06' Shenandoah which was manufactured in 05'. The front hydraulic jacks will not fully extend. They go up 3" to 5 " and stop. The pump keeps running and it doesn't trip the breaker. This has occured intermitently for months. The dealer has done everything Lippert has recommended from bleeding the lines, checking for leaks and checking the battery power and cables. I am aware that 05'-06' Mobil Suites pumps had this problem and the solution was to replace the 2200psi pump with a 2800psi pump. My dealer has been unable to duplicate the problem and everything checks out ok. Lippert is therefore refusing to do anything. Twice I have had to jack up the front of my rig to get it on the truck. Not fun! I believe the pump is weak and it has a 22-28 serial # indicating it is a 2200psi. Lippert had no interest in that information and says if the dealer can't come up with a test finding they are unwilling to do anything else. So, has anybody out there had a similar jack problem? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know what the solution was. Please include any specific information and include the dealers name so I could contact them and pass the information onto Lippert. Thank you!!!

bowtorc

We had the same problem on our 05 Mt. Rushmore and it would not happen while trying to show the dealer. We also had a leak that they tried to fix a couple of times without success. While at the 06 rally in Indiana,Lippert replaced the pump due to the leak. This fixed all problems. The old pump had a round oil tank and the new one has a square tank. I had tried all of the fixes like bleeding air etc. several times and the pump continued to operate less than on demand! No problem since the the new one was installed. If I can be of help,let me know. I had nothing but praise for Lippert's repair crew at the rally. They were very knowledgeable and eager to apply fixes to all problems.

They should have a service record. serial number is 459189 and service date was 6/2/06. feel free to use this info with them or contact me if you need more info..

Tom of Ypsi

I am having a similar problem except my jacks go down whenever they feel like it. I have been told by Lippert to run the jacks up and down several times making sure the pump stops (overheats) then continue once it cools. This seemed to work and it lasted for one week then this past Monday the front decided to drop again. I went through the same thing again and so far the jacks are holding again, for how long is anybody's guess.

Sparkie

After 6 phone calls to Lippert I finally convinced them to send me a new pump! I feel confident this will solve my problem. A big thank you is due to Forrest for recommending a call to Parker Hydraulics. They were refreshingly cordial, friendly and most helpful. I would recommend that anybody with hydraulic issues bypass Lippert and call Ted Kostec at (763) 531-3501. He is an engineer at Parker and is very Knowledgable.