ATF: Prowler - Delamination

foldbak

I bought my prowler used last month. The interior is in excellent condition but the exterior is weathered from the sun. I took it to a detail shop to have it buffed and polished. We discovered some delamination issues. Can you please explain to me the cause and how to repair this condition?

I dont have my VIN number handy. It's a 29' 2004 Prowler Regle

danemayer

I bought my prowler used last month. The interior is in excellent condition but the exterior is weathered from the sun. I took it to a detail shop to have it buffed and polished. We discovered some delamination issues. Can you please explain to me the cause and how to repair this condition?

I dont have my VIN number handy. It's a 29' 2004 Prowler Regle

Hi foldbak,

My understanding is that delamination is usually caused by water intrusion, which in turn is usually caused by maintenance issues - probably with caulking. The first thing you need to do is make sure there's no ongoing water intrusion.

I think you'd have to find a body shop to get an answer about repair. Your insurance company might be able to point you to local vendors who can do body and paint work on RVs.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Ya Im a bit confused about that...Fleetwood.com only shows motor homes.

When Fleetwood filed for bankruptcy a few years ago they sold off the name rights to all their trailer brands, including Prowler. Heartland bought the Prowler name and started producing a new trailer named Prowler a couple of years ago.