EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Sevierville - 5/9/2014 to 5/11/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herm45

Hi Byrd,
We made reservations and are on site #37. We are coming in on Thursday and leaving on Monday. Looking forward to another fun time. Great time to be going to Pigeon Forge. Please let us know if we can do anything.
Herman and Vickie

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Lance, glad you asked. Seeing that I'm experienced with the area, I've been asked to organize and lead a 20 RV caravan through this "special area" that I know about. We already have our 20 RV's signed up but you are still welcome to join....I feel we may be losing a few on the way.

Dick

Geeee Dick,

I really appreciate the offer to join in the caravan....however, I feel I will best serve the group by handling the special effects video on the side of the road. (of course the "special effects" probably won't be needed).

Best of luck!!!!

L

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome Bobby & Linda and Herman & Vickie. Glad to have ya'll.

OK Dick and Fran - when are ya'll bringing the 20 rigs up??? Just checking to make sure the campground can accommodate (haha) them but more importantly, they have your site ready.

Rodbuster

Good morning Byrd and a good morning to you also Nathan. Fran made the reservations yesterday and we are using your rally to kick off our summer trip for next year....that's how special you are Byrd, you too I guess Nathan.

We'll be gone for about 4 months. We plan on going to northern California, Oregon, Washington, Montana (I love Montana) and then crossing over and doing the Canadien Rockies. Of course, there will be many other stops on our way to these beautiful places.
We're doing this trip next year because we really don't want to run into Nathan somewhere out there after he retires....would not have a problem with you Byrd.

We are on site 50 and we're really looking forward to it.
Dick & Fran

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
I made our reservations today. I had to pay extra, but we are on site 51, right next to Dick and Fran. Real glutton for punishment. We are coming in on Mon. April 28 and leaving on Mon. May 12. This better be a good park, your reputation depends on it. Ken

Nabo

Got ya down Dick & Fran, Ken & Faye. Glad to have you. Also heard from Anita and Wayne Cooper who are also coming.

Ken - not surprised that you didn't have to pay double considering the honor you have camping with a known celebrity, i.e. "The Dragon Slayer".

Just double checked on a couple of attractions in the area - Dollywood group rate for 2014 is $50.50 per person (group of 15 or more); Titanic Museum group rate is $23.00 per person (15 or more) which includes the hand held audio tour. HUMMMMMM.

Herm45

Do you know of anyone going to the gulf shores rally next april? We would like to go. Have never been and would like to trailer south with someone.
Thanks,

Herm and vickie

Nabo

Herman - we went last year for the first time and had a great time, staying a week. Not sure if this coming year will work out for us so I can't say yes or no - this work thing keeps getting in the way. If you decide to go, you will see quite a few of the same folks that were at the TN/KY rally this year but will make a bunch of new friends in the mean time. What I would do is go to the AL/MS thread and asked the question about who might be coming down from the TN area.

Nabo

For those that get Trailer Life, there is a pretty good article on the Smoky Mountain National Park and Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Has some interesting stuff so check it out.

Nabo

Just heard from Hank & Phyllis Vogt from PA who just made reservations. Welcome :)

Nabo

Ed and Eddie Booth just contacted us and are registered to come. WELCOME Ed & Eddie :)

Byrd just to let everyone know if you cancel anytime there is a $10.00 charge.At least that is what we were just charged for cancelling.just wanted to let you know how dissatisfied we are with the campground they told us they were going to take 25 out of our account and took 28 we are giving a 7 month notice and you said 48 hrs was good but we are charged for it we are not happy with this at all. Joel

Nabo

Joel - on your confirmation receipt there is a disclaimer about the processing fee that the credit card company charges for each transaction. It was a mis-communication between the manager and us in that this fee was not brought up. The $28 that was charged is the $25 campsite fee plus tax, which is required by law. Everybody has to pay the tax.

Nabo

No Valerie - you do not have to make the reservation until after the first of the year. The campground is holding the sites until the middle of April so you are ok for now. Hope things are going well with your trip up north.

TandC

We are now booked into site #53! We'll arrive the 7th and leave the 16th.
I will be sure and contact Rodbuster for directions since we are too late for the caravan!!!
Oh, Rodbuster - I'm a native of Oregon and can suggest several straight roads without tunnels in OR and WA.
Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Rodbuster

Hi Terrell....looking forward to your call. I will be sure to give you "special" directions. Maybe you should have Carol ride with us.

I didn't know you were from Oregon. We plan on being in the Oregon/Washington area in July. We'll get together in Sevierville and talk about different spots that Fran and I should see.

Dick

We are now booked into site #53! We'll arrive the 7th and leave the 16th.
I will be sure and contact Rodbuster for directions since we are too late for the caravan!!!
Oh, Rodbuster - I'm a native of Oregon and can suggest several straight roads without tunnels in OR and WA.
Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.