EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Longs - 9/12/2014 to 9/14/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok we have booked site number 42 arriving on 9/12 and leaving on 9/14. We are looking forward to meeting you all! This will be our first Chapter Rally.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Woo Hoo billyjoeraybob! Welcome aboard! Only one bit of bad news...This may be your first rally but history shows you will soon have a new addiction and will be looking for more rally's to attend! Becky and I look forward to meeting you. Bring your appetite! This crowd like to eat and we always have lots of food!

Phil

OBX_Raineys

Made reservations today for the Rally. And it is our first. Looking forward to a fun, long weekend. Site 17, Sept 11 - 15.

Last edited:

Phil Smith

Great news Glen and Tina! We are so glad you chose our Rally for your first! Prepare to be hooked! We all have a lot of fun eating, socializing and did I mention eating??? Becky and I attended our first rally in 2005 and haven't looked back. We have made a lot of life long friends from within the Heartland community and I'm sure you find the same. We look forward to meeting you!

Phil

ljsexton

The Sexton's have reservations for site #44. Arriving Thursday, Sept. 11. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

ccarrington99

North Carolina Chapter Leaders-retired
My wife Candi and I have signed up for our first Rally. We will be in space 47. Betty and Bob Ford told us about the Rally back in June when we met them and talked us into coming. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

campcrew

Hi. We are new Bighorn owners and this will be our first Heartland Rally. We have reservations for site #59 from Sept. 10th through the 16th. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Mark and Janett.

Phil Smith

Great Tommy and Linda! Now Tommie, remember no hunting on campground property! Going to have to get a tour of the 2015 Bighorn! :)

Phil

Phil Smith

Hi ccarington99! We are honored that you will chose the South Carolina Rally to be your first! We will have several other also coming to their first rally. LOVE it as we get to add new people to our friends list! We all look forward to meeting you. (that Bob and Betty Ford are pretty good people to!)

Phil

Bryced15

Have some good and bad news. The good news is that my wife got a job teaching elementary age this fall. The bad news is this means the Dubes will no longer be able to get away to come to the rally. We were really looking forward to coming, but we're sorry to have to cancel. My parents, Brian and Shelly, will not be coming anymore either. So, sites 22 and 23 will be open.

troybilt71

Well its official, you will now have to deal with the Phillips family and our bratty kids and yapping dogs. OOPS that is sweet angel children and loving pets. hahaha Sight 43 for us!!!!

Last edited:

jdamude

We stayed at this campground last October. It's a beautiful place to camp. Our trailer spent the winter there in their storage compound.

We are hoping to go back there this fall.

TandC

Hi Y'all,
We made our reservations quite some time ago and I never made a post about our attending the SC rally.
We arrive 9 Sep (T) and leave 15 Sep (M). We'll be in site #40. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
T

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I wish we could make it since we will be in SC already on vacation but anyway I try to work it, we just can't make it fit. Sorry. Ya'LL have fun :).

Phil Smith

Hi Everyone. Sorry for the long delay in getting the site updated. I didn't realize all of my Heartland info was getting pushed to my SPAM filter. Welcome and thank you to those planning to attend that I have missed in welcoming (I think that isTroybuilt71 an Tand C) We are so looking forward to seeing everyone. We will miss those that have had to cancel. Archbarb and the Dubois clan. Becky and I are planning a trip to Willow Tree next weekend to finalize the planning and put in our request for spectacular weather. Please let me know if you see any omissions or errors in the attendee list.
Thanks,
Phil

navyAZ1

Miss Ann is driving me nuts wanting to know if I have seen an "Agenda" for the rally so she can plan her food shopping? HELP!!!! Get me some relief.

Phil Smith

Hey Heartlanders! Becky and I spent last weekend at Willow Tree working out a lot of the rally details. I have edited and added some information in the first post of this thread. Our Heartland Gives back is going to be with the Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach. We will be collecting pet items. I have put a list from the Humane Society that will best help them on the first post of this thread as well. I know many of us travel with our fur babies and have adopted shelter pets ad have a special place in our hearts for them. Our donations will help the shelter continue their operations and help them feed and care for the animals until they find their forever homes.

Please stand by for the full agenda. Its getting close!

Phil

Rodbuster

Is there anybody attending the rally that has the Garmin RV760 LMT ?

If so, could I ask you to bring the USB cable so I could borrow it to update my unit ?

We purchased the new RV 760 in January. At that time we updated the software and the maps. We left on our 4 1/2 month vacation in early May and we have had nothing but problems with it. A couple of times it directed us on very dangerous roads.

We called Garmin and they told us it needed to be updated.
I'm having a hard time with that answer.
Anyways, we forgot our cable at home.

If somebody could help, it would be great.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.