EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Colorado Springs - 5/29/2014 to 6/1/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Cyclone 4100 owner here, man this looks like a nice facility. I'm in Parker so this isn't too far, my family from Europe come in this weekend on Saturady. I'll have to talk to the wife and see if this is possible. Again It looks like a great time for all.

skyguy

With less than two weeks to go, here's a short update on the Juniper Valley Dinner, and the trip to the Abbey in Canon City...
Wine tasting - the store at the Abbey is somewhat small - I will suggest that we break down into two or three groups, spaced about a half hour apart. The "bar" for wine tasting will accommodate 6, maybe 8 folks at a time. They do let you sample almost the entire range of their wines, FREE. A couple of the higher priced wines are sold for a dollar a taste... They have a preset pattern for tasting, but you are welcome to skip as you please. We like just about ALL varieties! Prices for wine range from $14 to $20 (and one is a lot more if in stock) per bottle, and there is a 15% discount if you by 12 bottles (a case)or more. So the deal is to go together, and group your order. (You can mix and match for the case) Buy a case, and still get 15% off anything over a case - doesn't have to be another full case.

Dinner - Greg at Juniper Valley is very flexible, he has only asked that I give him a count on Saturday (the day for dinner), so I won't need an actual count until then. Right now I'm pretty sure everyone is going??? Dinner is $18.25 per person, plus tip. It's RARE that folks don't really enjoy this fried chicken dinner - it's like MOM USED TO FIX. We want to be there by 5 o'clock. (EZ to do they are across the road at Hiway 115.)

Can't wait to get together!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yeaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Only two more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

JohnD

Only one week away from today . . . :p

I've already got my trailer hitched up out in front of the house and (almost) ready to go! :cool:

We are leaving Monday for three nights at Cheyenne Mountain before arriving at Mountaindale on Thursday!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
A big thank you to Don & Monica for organizing and hosting a great rally this past weekend. What a great group of people to camp with and fun was had by all.

JohnD

Yes!

We had a great time . . . met a lot of new friends . . . hated to have to pack up and head home!

Can't wait for the next one! :cool:

Photos coming soon . . .

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Don & Monica:

Sorry for the belated thank you! Just got back from Wyo after leaving your Rally. Had a great time and you guys did an outstanding job! Super people and activities....

Just know the RV Socks for the White Elephant will be coming back to you next year.

Thanks for the warm welcome by all.

Garry & Dakota

JohnD

PHOTOS - EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Colorado Springs - 5/29/2014 to 6/1/2014

Gonna be posting some photos from the 2014 Colorado HOC Rally at Mountaindale soon . . .

Should I put them here or in another topic thread?

Here is a teaser photo:

ColoHOC2014RallyCampfire-IMG_2330.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow! Great pic! HL needs to use that for advertising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
John,
I'm thinking it would be best to post the photos on this thread. That way they will be easy to find.

It is a good photo....it really shows off the nice campfire we had!
Thanks for sharing.

JohnD

I'm working on the photos from the Mountaindale Rally . . . will post them here within the next 24 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.