EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/24/2014 to 4/27/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Bill,
We made a good decision to stay another day here. Our kids in Tupelo are all okay and a neighbor called to tell me the tornado had come directly over our neighborhood, but he had checked our house and it was okay. If you see Tupelo damage on TV, that area is about one mile from our home.
Glad you got home safely,
Hogan
According to my cousin who lives in pontatoc it hit north and the mall. Glad you didn,t leave also.
LindaW

GrumpyOneandTwo

Shirley & I want to thank the AlaMissiBamaSippi Chapter for allowing us to be part of the rally this past week-end. We sure met a lot of great folks! Yes, even you dix36!!!!!!!! Thanks to Hogan and Donna for a great time, lots of great food, more laughs at story telling time and a fun "Dirty Santa" of RV products. Where is that blue cooler anyway??????

A very special thanks to Bob for taking the time to demonstrate the repair and care of counter tops AND a Very Special Thanks for waxing our counters and island tops. THANKS BOB.

Hope to see y'all at another rally.

Mike

wyndysweep

Hope everyone is ok after storms. We came thru the hit area of Clements & Athens about an hour before they hit. Has anyone heard from Donna & Hogan?? I know Tupelo was hit also. Wyndy & Pat

JanAndBill

We were extremely fortunate as the tornadoes and storms passed just to the north of us. Many of our neighbors were not so fortunate. Many houses destroyed, and many injured in the Sardis, Mountainboro, and Smiths Institute area. First responders worked through the night freeing people trapped in their collapsed homes. Please keep these and all the others affected by the storms in your prayers. Hopefully our fellow Alabama and Mississippi Heartlanders survived a terrible night.

MCTalley

We spent an hour in the early morning hours in our campground's bathhouse due to tornado warnings. Nothing much more than a little wind, rain and lightning. We are down in the Montgomery, AL area. Haven't seen much evidence of weather around here. We're praying for those much less fortunate. Looks like another round coming through this afternoon.

GETnBYE

All that we lost was a bit of sleep. Prayers for those more affected. I might nap in the basement tonight rather than waiting for the sirens. Need to be cleaning my house instead of dealing with mother nature's antics!:mad:

Hey y'all. Glad to hear everyone seems to have weathered the storms well. I just want to thank you folks for your hospitality at the rally, Janet and I really enjoyed seeing how you folks are set up and looking forward to joining in more fully on the fun once we rig-up") a special thanks to Hogan and Donna for introducing us around a bit and to Paul & Sheila and Kim & Dottie for walking us through your rigs and giving us some great pointers for down the road. Cheers.

John & Janet

VKTalley

To everyone that was at the Gulf Shores rally, my son, David, received his card today. He was greatly surprised and pleased with all the messages and signatures! His responses was..."WOW, there were a lot of people at the rally!"
Thank you again, everyone, for signing the card!

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
To everyone that was at the Gulf Shores rally, my son, David, received his card today. He was greatly surprised and pleased with all the messages and signatures! His responses was..."WOW, there were a lot of people at the rally!"
Thank you again, everyone, for signing the card!
Having met your son last year in Tennessee, it
was a pleasure to sign his card. You should be very proud of him.
LindaW

VKTalley

Having met your son last year in Tennessee, it
was a pleasure to sign his card. You should be very proud of him.
LindaW

Thanks, Linda! We are very proud of him! I could not ask for a better son, daughter or son-in-love! We are proud of them all....especially the two granddaughters!

Status
Not open for further replies.