Equalizer's Cracking

artsbighorn

Has anyone had problems the load-ez equlizer's cracking on the side plate's. I have mine in the shop now and found crack's on both right & left sides of the trailer.:(

wdk450

Re: Equlizer's

Has anyone had problems the load-ez equlizer's cracking on the side plate's. I have mine in the shop now and found crack's on both right & left sides of the trailer.:(

Art:
My rig is just about the same vintage as yours, and my RV servicer found separated welds in the TrailAir (Now Mobile Outfitters) EquaFlex equalizers in my first year of ownership. The welds never stuck to one side of the metal.
Here is the thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/12143-Trail-Air-Equalizers?highlight=equaflex

wdk450

BTW, the 2nd pair of Equaflex equalizers wore out just before my trip to Goshen this summer: I had my servicer install Dexter E-Z Flex Equalizers, because i think the overall construction (cast, not welded) is beefier, and the rubber inserts are made to be replaced, instead of replacing the entire equalizers every 4 years or so. Here is a link to the Dexter equalizers: http://www.dexteraxle.com/inc/sdetail/18096/18100

Yes, mine cracked as well. Mobile Outfitters stated the set that came with the unit were too small. I replaced them with the larger size and have not had a problem. Neither Mobile Outfitters nor Heartland felt any responsibility in the wrong size being installed on the 5er.

artsbighorn

Now that I have replaced both cracked equilizer's with new trailAir eq. Is Lippert offering any rebate's ? It cost me 373.00 for the over nite shipping & part's w/out the bolts & shackle's.