Cyclone 3110. How does 2 axles rated 7000lb ea. make 16,000 lb GVWR

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
My trailer axles sit at 13,600lbs with my RZR in and 100 gallons of water in the tank. The trailer pulls the same from when I towed it with a 3/4 ton Dodge Mega to my current F350. It is not any more stable with DRW or SRW pickup.

I did have an axle alignment issue on the trailer and that was resolved. My trailer now has 17.5 Coopers on it. Those tires have a very very thick side wall and that will help reduce the side to side flex across the tires.

My trailer tows fairly decent with a empty garage but I try to keep the fresh water tank full as more pin weight helps the ride.

Maybe its the speed I tow at vs the speed you tow at. My tires are rated to 75mph. I usually tow right at 70. But it seems anything over 60 and I have to be very cautious to what the trailer is doing, passing traffic, and the physical condition of the road. I could just set the cruise at 60 and not worry but I can't. It's just to slowly and I can not force myself to drive at that speed. Tried it serval times and it is not happening.

If I could move the axles back two feet I think that would solve my issues. Or maybe once I have my shop I should suck it up and convert it to a triple. But that is going to be at least a $3k job. Not sure if its worth it.

But after I install the X Members that may make enough difference so that I am happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

taken

Interesting, we still have a different experience. I have G614's and the faster I tow the more stable it seems to be. It's much happier at 70-75 than 60-65. I must have a crazy setup or something. Your results make much more sense. I am going to do the Correct Track routine. Not sure if my axles are out but I need the 2" lift to help level my rig which tows nose high. I figure as Tony said, any trailer could benefit from alignment. Not sure if I can do it myself or not. About to order the parts. Then, I'll have a local welder do the cross braces. Maybe next trip I'll fill the water and find stability I never thought I needed and understand better LOL.

AEHamp60

I guess I'll add to this since I have a 2013 Cyclone 3110. Tow vehicle - 2009 2500HD GMC (SRW). I've been on a trip totally over 9000 miles and haven't had any issues as of this point. At a Pilot truck stop off I-40 in New Mexico, I decided to weigh my rig, total = 24640 lb. trailer axle - 13560 and drive axle - 11080. I intend to have it weighed again when I get home. But I must add, it tows well but bucks a little over rough roads. I-10 through Texas, if you have done that once or twice you will understand what I mean. This is my first Toy Hauler and I'm very interested in this discussion.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I guess I'll add to this since I have a 2013 Cyclone 3110. Tow vehicle - 2009 2500HD GMC (SRW). I've been on a trip totally over 9000 miles and haven't had any issues as of this point. At a Pilot truck stop off I-40 in New Mexico, I decided to weigh my rig, total = 24640 lb. trailer axle - 13560 and drive axle - 11080. I intend to have it weighed again when I get home. But I must add, it tows well but bucks a little over rough roads. I-10 through Texas, if you have done that once or twice you will understand what I mean. This is my first Toy Hauler and I'm very interested in this discussion.

If you think I10 through Texas is bad. It does not hold a candle on HWY 59 through here as well, especially North of Houston. But I find I10 through Looze-Anna to be much worst then it is in Texas.

scottyb

I can't speak for I-10 east, but I thought i-10 west from Junction to El Paso was outstanding. I made 4 r/t in 12 months, 3 under tow and 1 deadhead. El Paso is pretty beat up like most major cities. For that matter, there were only a few rough areas all the way to Phoenix. The further east you go, the more clay soils, which means concrete paving. They usually make for a pretty bumpy ride.

jeffdee

If you think I10 through Texas is bad. It does not hold a candle on HWY 59 through here as well, especially North of Houston. But I find I10 through Looze-Anna to be much worst then it is in Texas.

For the most part...IT IS!!!