Can I pull a BH without a slider hitch?

We are looking into a BH 3500RL. Can I use a Draw-tite 20K hitch (non slider) with out getting into trouble? F-250 supercab, short bed. The dealer we have been looking as says we can. RV'S for Less in Knoxville TN. F-250 powerstroke, supercab, short bed.

J

Jeff

Hitch Doesn't Matter!

Hi Profirefighter:

The 20K Hitch isn't the most important thing here! The real thing is: Can your F250 handle the weight of the 3500RL.

I'm about to put a Draw-Tite 20K on my Dodge RAM 3500. I'm replacing my old Draw Tite 15K.

You can easily get buy with a 16K or 18K hitch with the 3500RL.(Save a little money) Unless you plan on buying a larger tow vehicle later on, then all you have to do is buy new bed rails and take the hitch with you.

Looking at the 2005 Towing Guide, I see it looks like your truck can handle the load, depending on what motor you have!

Hope this helps.

Jeff

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi Profirefighter
The Landmarks are made to tow without the use of a slider, and I am sure that Butch (the owner of RV's for Less) who I have high regards for. would not steer you wrong on the Bighorn. Give Butch my regards when you see him again.

merlinb

Retired
There is a brief article in the July issue of Trailer Life magazine about pulling a Bighorn 3500RL with a short bed Chevy 2500 truck.

You can read it here: Bighorn 3500RL

The Landmarks have the same front cap. Should work for them also.

D

Dave M

Sorry for the late post. I pull my Big Horn 3200RL with a short bed chevy without a slider and haven't had any problems.

We just bought the 3055RL and our dealer said we didn't need the slider, their installing the Husky 16k. We also have a 2500 6.0 TD 4x4 SWR the GVW is 15,600 The 4x2 is 200 lbs more. In another forum someone was concerned about cargo weight??? I would be more concerned with the slider Depending on your engine???? Good luck...
Coyotejones

Last edited:

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Just a thought. I would maybe move up to a 18K or 20K slider, just to give yourself a little breathing room. Also if you decide to move up to a slightly heavier trailer down the road yo won't have to buy a different slider, just move it to another truck.