RV Covers

RHT

My wife and I purchased a 2012 slightly used 4014 toy hauler about 3 weeks ago. On our first trip, we hauled our Harleys out to Santa Fe, NM from Tyler, Tx. for a week and had a great time. No problems whatsoever, and we can't wait to head out again in early November.

I'm wanting to cover our RV when we're home. Can anyone give me advice on full length covers, ie, brands, features, etc.?

RHT and CAT

jimtoo

Hi RHT and CAT.

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some opinions on covers soon. Regardless of which you choose, make sure it fits good and has no loose spots for the wind to blow and cause it to rub the finish off.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Fot the price and quality you can't go wrong with an Adco

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

happykraut

My last dealer told me to never cover the RV. The constant rubbing of the cover when the winds blow can damage the finish. There is no way to get the cover on tight. Really don't know if there is anything to it or not, but after the first season of covering it, he asked me if I covered it because he spotted a little damage.

My wife and I purchased a 2012 slightly used 4014 toy hauler about 3 weeks ago. On our first trip, we hauled our Harleys out to Santa Fe, NM from Tyler, Tx. for a week and had a great time. No problems whatsoever, and we can't wait to head out again in early November.

I'm wanting to cover our RV when we're home. Can anyone give me advice on full length covers, ie, brands, features, etc.?

RHT and CAT

I too have been on the bubble of whether to cover or not. In the past, I've had more than one person tell me that RVs should not be covered if you live in a high humidity geographic area because moisture gets in and you have to deal with mold and mildew blooms. I live in Florida. It's been a really wet year. I use covers on my Golf cart and patio furniture, and I can tell you that I've had to deal with and clean a lot of mold and mildew this year. So by default, I've chosen to not cover. Some of the mildew stains on the inside of the covers are permanent too.

If you get a lot of rain and high humidity where you live, you may want to reconsider whether to cover. Ultimately your call. Good luck and ride safe!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
If your in an area that gets much wind, Don't waste your money with a cover. I noticed again this winter I my storage lot every single RV that started with a cover last fall now has a shredded cover either blowing around on the ground or flapping wildly in strips, pounding the tops and sides of their RV. Even the RV wrapped heavily with rope trying to hold the cover down did not have much cover remaining on it.

sspate

We bought a cover for our previous RV. Hubby found it hard to get on, especially with no help. We invested in a metal "carport". roof only, and he just covers the tires.