ATF: MPG - Slideout Stops

Jimmyd

Little help please! There are two rails which the slideout rides upon. At the end of each rail is a bifurcated tang which is bent at about a 15 degree angle. One of the rails has a stop which is adjustable, it is aluminum and mounts via a set screw. The other rail looks like it formerly also had a travel stop (there is a mark where the set screw used to be).
Questions:
1) should each rail have a travel stop?
2) If so, how do I get a new one to replace the missing one?
3) How does one adjust the stop?
4) In general, is it the stop which limits the inboard travel of the slide, or is there a microswitch or something else?
5) Is there a manual for the slideout?

The bottom of my slideout is now bowed out a little. I would like to prevent this from getting worse. Thanks in advance!

danemayer

Hi Jimmyd,

We do have some Slideout manuals in the manuals section of the forum, but I don't know if they're for the MPG. Here's a link.
Hopefully another MPG owner will have some answers for you. If not, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Jimmyd

For future reference, the slideout is manufactured by Happijac.

http://www.happijac.com/index.php/products/slide-outs

They have a very helpful customer service department. They were able to correct the shortcomings of the factory installation. There is an aluminum threshold inboard of the rubber seal. The slide stop must be able to traverse the seal and threshold. At some point it got fouled on the threshold and this shifted the stop so that it no longer cut out the motor upon retraction. Cutting away some of the material and installing a new stop and adjusting it correctly has it working perfectly. The tangs I mentioned in the first post should NOT be bent, that happened after the slide stop shifted.
Thanks to Happijac!
Why is the thread called "ask the factory" if the factory does not actually respond?