Insulation

Appleguy

We have a 2013 road warrior 300c. While removing the two bedroom receptacles to replace them with receptacles with USB ports I noted that the cavity behind the interior wall has little if any insulation. this appears to be a cavity about a foot deep and the full width of the coach and about 3' in length. There is a little fiberglass here and there but a lot of exterior area with no insulation whatsoever. ideally it should be sprayed with foam but that option is not available for the do it yourself person. next option is to add additional fiberglass but getting fiberglass through a receptacle hole is not practical plus it would undoubtedly settle. The only option I know of is blowin. what do you think? I've insulated the garage floor with 3" of foam after pulling down the 2 fuel tanks and I plan to pull down the coroplast and add more to the floor of the main living area.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a bit confused. You stated that there is no insulation behind the interior wall. There is no need for insulation in an interior wall.
If you are talking about an exterior wall, the walls are laminated with 2" foam insulation.
If you are talking about a slide wall, they are insulated with fiberglass insulation.
So if you are not seeing insulation behind the receptacles on an outside wall or slide wall, could be the insulation was removed or moved aside during construction to make installation of the wiring easier.
That's all I got.

Peace
Dave

Appleguy

it's actually a 30c. from the outside in there is the fiberglass front cap, then some sort of wall,the cavity and then the interior wall with the receptacles. minimal insulation in the cavity. have no idea what is between the fiberglass front cap and the exterior wall. The inside of the exterior wall is covered with a black fabric looking material sort of like house wrap.

jbeletti

The black wrap is likely a darco wrap material. I can't say for certain on a Road Warrior product, how the insulation is done in the front cap, but my sense is that it's similar to Landmark/Bighorn/Big Country where there is fiberglass insulation behind the front cap.