JT Strongarms

Dave49

Another point to debate. I have the JT Strongarms on my unit. My question is this. With the drop frame on the front and the landing legs not being extended that much, do the JT's actually do that much for you? I know you can't get the wiggle completely out of the trailer, but I really am not sure that these things are actually working like they did on the non drop frame unit.

What you say?

BTW I know that the level up will take care of this issue and I want to have it. But at this time I am perfectly able to do the manual thing of leveling so I don't want to put it on this unit at this time as I may change units in the future.

Dave

Eddhuy

If you have the JT Strongarms on your FW now, how much does it wiggle when they are not tightened compared to when they are tightened?

Dave49

Right now I don't have them tight and I'm really not seeing a lot of change, but my wife says she feels every move I make with or without the JT's

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Right now I don't have them tight and I'm really not seeing a lot of change, but my wife says she feels every move I make with or without the JT's

After you tighten the T-bolts, it is important that you "bump" the jacks up about an inch or so. This makes the whole structure rigid.
Mine work great.

I also added scissor jacks midship in front of the wheels. This takes some additional movement out of the rig. Trace

Dave49

After you tighten the T-bolts, it is important that you "bump" the jacks up about an inch or so. This makes the whole structure rigid.
Mine work great.

I also added scissor jacks midship in front of the wheels. This takes some additional movement out of the rig. Trace

I also do the bump and have scissor jacks behind wheels. Tried them both front and back and see no difference between front and back. I may add another set in front just to see. Or stop with everything and make up my mind as to how long I will own this unit and decide on the level up. Decisions..........lol

Eddhuy

How many of the braces do you have on your BH? From what I can see on the internet, it looks like having 5 of the JT Armstrong braces on is the best way to go but I may be wrong on that, maybe someone the uses them can chime in.

Dave49

I only have the 4 on the front so that could be an issue also. But I have scissor jacks in back of the tire and of course the stabilizers.

Eddhuy

From my non-experience knowledged, that should keep the front stable but you will have side to side movement in the rear of the coach. The scissor jacks should help with any possible frame flex issues up and down but very little for side to side from my understanding.

in about 4 hours, I will be instlling the Steadyfast stabilizers so that will help with my understanding. It only uses 3 stabilizers and the one in the rear is to stop the side to side movement.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We found a product called "The Eliminator" which looks and works like the JT Strongarm at Camping World. It was substantially less expensive.