New to the Forum from Central Florida, and soon to be a Fver owner.

Greetings to all! My name is John and we are a family of 5 campers, DW, DS 14, DS 12, DD 8, from Orlando and we moved from boating to camping 7 years ago and have loved every moment of it. Joined the forum to interact and get information for a potential future Heartland purchase. (4100 King)

GlenStMary

Hello John, your background sounds very similar to my own. We live in northeast Florida and just purchased our own 5ver after spending almost 30 years on the saltwater scene. Like you, I skulked around this forum seeking information so we could make an intelligent decision on what to buy. You will find a wealth of information in these forums and find everyone most helpful in answering any questions you may have. We ended up purchasing a Heartland Landmark after spending time on the internet chasing the best pricing. The only regret we have so far is that we haven't been able to spend 100% of our time in the Landmark. But, we are in the process of moving toward full time. Again, greetings from a fellow Floridian, and I know you'll enjoy talking with others on these forums.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Hi John my husband and I are the Florida chapter leaders, welcome to the forum and I hope you will choose a heartland product and join the club. We have a lot of fun. Linda and Walter West.

Hogladyrider

Welcome John and family! We were in your shoes several years ago. We started out with a TT to haul our Goldwing with and we weekend camped with our two dogs. After a while we determined we wanted additional living space and we started our search for a 5th wheel......they tow so much smoother than a TT! We had no problem selling our TT and we spent every weekend going to local dealers looking and researching via the internet. The Tampa show in January was invaluable. When we purchased our Big Horn Heartland was fairly new in Florida. We fell in love with the Big Horn and we did not think we could afford one then we discovered making our purchase out of Florida, closer to the factory and we sealed our deal via the internet! We saved a LOT of $$ and it was so worth taking the time off work to drive to pick up the RV. We have NEVER looked back and we LOVE our Big Horn. We hope to full time within the next 5 years and if we upgrade it will be to another Heartland product, we love the front living room feature. Heartland makes a great product and the issues we have encountered with our Big Horn we have taken care of ourselves.