Feedback Requested - Front Bath Landmark

jbeletti

Front Bath Landmark - Concept #2

Okay folks - here's concept #2 of a front bath Landmark. Changes from concept 1 include:
  1. Choice of a bathroom or a pantry/hobby room
  2. Choice of standard dinette table or outdoor entertainment option w/ buffet style table
  3. Entertainment system in ODS slide (instead of an rear entertainment layout)
  4. Addition of a raised section of island countertop to be used as a breakfast/lunch bar etc.
  5. Replacement of countertop section left of the cooktop with a pantry with pull-out drawers
Please let us know what you think about these changes.

Also, if you were interested in this floor plan with the pantry/hobby room,
  1. Would you like a small window in the outside wall for some natural light?
  2. What would the wall storage layout need to be (cabinets, open shelving etc.)
  3. What about lighting if it were a small hobby room (ceiling LED lighting, under-cabinet lighting)
  4. What about power requirements for a small hobby room (several duplex outlets on wall above counter top - below counter too?)
Landmark-FB-Concept_2.jpg

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Re: Front Bath Landmark - Concept #2

I like the TV position and theater seats much better. Not sure if you can open both refer doors when the slide-out is retracted. Also wonder if this will be a triple axle unit based on the length and potential weight. Looks like there could be a significant pin weight like Brian said in an earlier post.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

I also have a question and statement regarding the full length window in the bedroom. I would like to know why Heartland decided to add these full length windows in the bedroom. I get the safety issue with this as it would be much bigger window to exit the unit in case of a fire. If this is why it is there and there happens to be some new code requiring it then I'll let it go, otherwise I would prefer the added wall space and potential cabinet/dresser with the old style short window. Anybody else?

K

karykatz

thanks you agin for all your input. The larger window is not for code jsut to allow more light in bedroom. This will have a heavy pin but will not need a triple axel.

Kepp comments coming

Bryced15

Really like all of the changes made. We would also still like to see more cabinet/drawer space at the foot of the bed though.

porthole

Retired

Okay folks - here's concept #2 of a front bath Landmark. Changes from concept 1 include:
  2. Choice of standard dinette table or outdoor entertainment option w/ buffet style table
  4. Addition of a raised section of island countertop to be used as a breakfast/lunch bar etc.
  5. Replacement of countertop section left of the cooktop with a pantry with pull-out drawers

3. What about lighting if it were a small hobby room (ceiling LED lighting, under-cabinet lighting)
  4. What about power requirements for a small hobby room (several duplex outlets on wall above counter top - below counter too?)

I like this because of the additional 1/2 bath.

A1) Choices are always good
A2) See above. Would the buffet expand to offer a larger surface?
A3) Where is the thumbs up emoticon?
A4) This would overhang the main counter top so no work space is lost?
A5) Jim - if this was your trailer - is there enough work space if you give up counter top for pantry?

B4) I have yet to see any trailer that had too many electrical outlets :rolleyes:

Queen bed option with nightstands?

Another thought with options I saw on SOB's.

1/2 bath - Swap sink and linen closet locations. Or swap linen and toilet.
Door swing - in or out?

Half of the linen closet could be accessed from bedroom as additional clothes storage.

How close is the front bath layout to the current Bighorn FB? Trying to get a feel for it.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker

I also have a question and statement regarding the full length window in the bedroom. I would like to know why Heartland decided to add these full length windows in the bedroom. I get the safety issue with this as it would be much bigger window to exit the unit in case of a fire. If this is why it is there and there happens to be some new code requiring it then I'll let it go, otherwise I would prefer the added wall space and potential cabinet/dresser with the old style short window. Anybody else?

I feel like these rigs have plenty of storage as it is, and not enough windows. Even full timing I can't fill up the storage and with a shorter window there would be nowhere for my dog to lay and look out. Shorter windows would be a no go for us.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Jim, I'm liking this Concept 2. We walked through the new front bath Big Country at ExploreUSA in Canton,TX as part of the Rally festivities. We were able to spend more time in it without others in it too, and I can say it was feeling "homey". Well, HL may have solved the "office-space" problem that has kept me from seriously considering a new coach. If this floorplan has the option of the workspace instead of a bath, it may be "the one". I'd like at least 4-6 120v sockets. Would like the countertop to be L shaped from the linen closet indication over. Would that still be a closet with shelves? Cabinets above would be preferred over wire shelving. A small window between cabinets and countertop would work.

What would the door look like? A louvered one would be preferred, just so If I'm in there with the door shut it would not feel claustrophobic.

Love being able to give feedback!

Erika

Theresau

We've had both and I'm torn - we have as much dresser and linen closet as the BH. It does allow our W/D door to be one piece which I think is better access (it opens in front of the window). I liked the privacy better in the BH. However, we changed the shade to a top/down bottom/up cellular so that we could leave closed at the bottom while letting light in at the top. No safety issue here as the bottom moves up very easily.

And I like the fact that I wouldn't have to jump on a dresser if I had to vacate the bedroom in an emergency.

Theresau

Definitely suggest small window in outside wall. And hobby room could also work as an office...

I suggest that there be cabinets where pantry was that is behind the hobby room/1/2 bath.

When shopping for a new Heartland coach we noted that many of the models don't have an adequate amount of kitchen cabinets. It's not real noticeable until you really analyze the layout. That was the final reason why we selected the BC 3251 TS. We GREATLY considered the 3570 RS BH - it was our first choice but after I sat in it for a lengthy time, it came to me that the kitchen cabinets were not adequate. Yes, there's a pantry behnd the bath wall but it's shallow and I would not want my dishes and glasses in a pantry.

The 3260 EL has a set of cabinets behind the bath wall - I would suggest something like this. (Upper glass doors...)

Overall, I like this layout MUCH better than concept 1.

Theresa

View attachment 27022

Steadfast

View attachment 27022
We like this revision much better. We would opt for the hobby room and would prefer wire shelving with a work counter top. A back-splash behind the cook top would be preferred over a window. Outside entertainment would be wasted on us. We like the theater seating directly inline with the TV and bigger is better as far as the TV is concerned. We would vote for a smaller window and more storage in the bedroom.
Having the opportunity to give input is great!

You are really getting somewhere with this redesign! Choices are good, and with these changes/options you are really listening to folks on this forum. This is the main reason that we WILL be buying a Landmark when the house sells, and THIS one may very well be "THE one". Thanks for taking our input and actually using it productively.

After looking at this for quite some time now, I have some concerns about weight distribution with the residential fridge and W/D on the same side. Most floorplans have them on different sides. Any cause for concern?

MTPockets

This is evolving nicely. Here's a twist: Hobby room is a nice touch, but could also accommodate some pantry items if cabinets are provided. Owner could use as desired; and, A hobby room needs a small chair or stool, so why not provide the head that could double as the "chair" so the room would truly be an all purpose room.

FordMan1966

I really like the front bathroom plan. The half bath downstairs would work best for me, so you could use it when traveling and would not have to climb over the bed.

brianharrison

Whats that about imitation?

View attachment 27729

Recently announced

View attachment 27730

I never know who has the original idea.

bh_3875fb.png

I am very interested in the Bighorn model 3875FB being offered in a Landmark.
Do I understand correctly that this will soon be available?
In my view the layout should try to incorporate as much kitchen counter work-space as possible.
There seems to be adequate cabinet space already.
Definately no RE.

RL

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Diesel-Gypsy - The new Landmark Newport prototype or demo coach are going on line sometime at the end of February or 1st of March depending on the weather (the plant has been close most of this week because of the cold which has put them behind). After it's gone thru checks and double checks, hopefully it will be ready for ordering somewhere in the middle of April or 1st of May so stay tune.

I also would like to see a window, albeit a small one, above the toilet in the front bath, as well as a window in the 1/2 bath.
It is really nice to have a source of fresh air in the main bath, for many reasons.
The ceiling-fan is essential, but it needs to pull through a window.

Also, if possible a flip-up counter extension on that island, that kitchen needs more counter work-space.

There should also be an option for little to no carpet in the main living area.

RL