interior comfort mods

mlo166

Here are some new ideas on making use of the interior of your MPG. Especially if you have a small dog that comes with you. My wife and I enjoy our MPG but didn't want to be dictated by Heartland as to how they thought we would use their predetermined interior design. So, here are some ideas:
1. take out corner cabinet, add a battery-powered motion-sensor light, mirror, plastic tray, and a spring-loaded shower curtain bar for drying towels or stuff.
2. add a stove-top cover for more top space (we don't use the stove top anyway!)
3. take out a portion of the seating area and add a small floor-weighted table (we use a round table). This also allows us to change the bedding configuration using the same large table top by keeping the wooden rails on the wall.
4. add a doggie kennel by cutting into storage area and hinging a metal grill. Dog(s) can stay in kennel at night or day while we go out! i.e. a dog-cave. Also allows easy access to storage area from within.
5. split the bunk bed (half of it mounted on a hinge to raise up or down) to make an extra sofa area.
6. added hooks all over the outside for hanging stuff or to secure our dog lease, and some spring-loaded pole holders for extra large umbrella's, antennas, or more stuff on pole i.e. night lights, etc.

Hope you enjoy these ideas!

Tom and Rhondaimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

A.Wright

Love your umbrella over the door. What are spring loaded pole holders? Where do you buy them? Did you have to drill into the skin to install them?

jimtoo

HI A.Wright,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M