First time out

Muddy

We are in Nashville, TN with our 3670 heading to FL. The GPS lost her voice on the way here but still got us to the campground. Hooked up to the internet to download a fix, stood up and cracked my head on the TV - what a life! Weighed in at 21,640 and am under all weight maximums. DW loves her kitchen, fireplace and everything else about the 3670. Rained most of he night for great sleeping.

Only saw a Landmark in a dealers lot on the way. We must be the last one out of Indiana. Forsyth, GA next.

Be safe and enjoy the holidays.

jpmorgan37

Hey Muddy;

Glad you made it out of IN ok. Boy, do I know about the cracking the head. Sue says my day isn't complete unless I bang my head on something at least once. I know you'll enjoy your 3670 more each day. Have a great winter and a wonderful Christmas.

Life is good.

John

snuffy

Are you headed to the KOA in Forsyth? Heartland has a dealer there and one back up the road right off I-75 in McDonough.
That's a long haul for one day. We left the Elkhart area one morning and drove straight home just west of Forsyth and it took us about 13-14 hours.

HappyKayakers

Hey Muddy,
Congrats on the new purchase. We still have room for a few more campers down here. Current temp is 81, winds at 10 knots out of the ENE. Forecast low for tonight is 65. Now that's good sleepin' weather!

Muddy

We are at the Forsyth KOA. Everything works except I can't figure out the gas H2o heater. It won't light on gas and the manual is not simple enough for me! Will call my dealer tomorrow and stop at a Heartlnd dealer (thanks Snuffy) if necessary. Otherwise all is good. Ms GPS got her voice back after I download a fix. Sure makes driving easier. On to Lady Lake, FL tomorrow. We only do 300 to 325 a day.

snuffy

Muddy said:
We are at the Forsyth KOA. Everything works except I can't figure out the gas H2o heater. It won't light on gas and the manual is not simple enough for me! Will call my dealer tomorrow and stop at a Heartlnd dealer (thanks Snuffy) if necessary. Otherwise all is good. Ms GPS got her voice back after I download a fix. Sure makes driving easier. On to Lady Lake, FL tomorrow. We only do 300 to 325 a day.

You are less than a mile from a Heatland dealer now. Good luck.

Muddy

Have to admit to brain lock. So use to our other 5th wheel that both of us didnn't realize that the gas heater switch was on the monitor panel. Our other monitor panel had only tank and battery readings. We kept looking for a toggle switch that read gas heater. Works fine one we found the switch.

On another note, we've had both slide topper brackets on the kitchen slide pop off. All five screw heads on each bracket broke off. This is our first trip and it's no fun repairing them in a campground. My conclusion is that they were over torqued when installed which weakened the screw, or the screws themselves were weak. I made the repairs with SS screws. There is a slight tear in the canopy and I presume warranty will cover it.

We still like our 3670.

jbeletti

Muddy,

The over-torquing of the slide topper awning bracket screws was something that was a problem 3 years ago. First I am hearing that it's happening again.

Please contact Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 to let them know your VIN so they can inform production and ask them about the tear in the awning caused by the flopping of the bracket.

Thanks,

Jim

Garry & Bev

travel bug
awning bracket screws

We also had a problem with our awning bracket screws on our first real trip out in October. All of the awnings needed to have the screws changed. The fellow who repaired them on warranty said that the screws were too soft to hold properly and were a problem. He changed them with something a little more heavy duty. We let Heartland know about it and they said that they would let QC know so they could take care of it. They also thanked us for letting them know. We've had great response and dialogue with Heartland.
Garry & Bev