Newbie looking for feedback

jrd3

John & Debbie
We have been looking at 5th wheels for several years and are ready to buy. We like Heartland products, however if you read long enough you can find good and bad in all brands. We like Bighorn 3570rs as well as Big Country 3521ts. What are the real differences in the two models? We would like to stay at 38 feet and 14,500 loaded 5th wheel weight. We will also be purchasing a truck , either 3500 SWR chevy/GMC diesel, or 3500 SWR dodge diesel. We won't be full timing , a few long trips during the year and weekends. Would love to hear from folks with the experience. I'm finding I'm disappointed with most salesman. Most don't know their product and will try to tell you anything, even when what they are saying is totally false and could be unsafe. Thanks for your input.

danemayer

Hi jrd3,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to ask questions because there's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people who are quick to reach out with answers. I'm sure you'll get some responses soon.

Another route that's available to you is to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective customer and ask for the Bighorn / Big Country Product Manager.

Mizmary

Welcome to the forum. :) hopefully you will stick with this brand. I've found everyone to be friendly and full of helpful information. 😊

priorguy

Keep notes while shopping of what you like and don't like, need and don't need, and just plain have to have. Internet threads are like real life, there's always more complainers then praisers. Take everything you read with a grain of salt and be your own best judge. Also, inspect any unit thoroughly and test everything before you buy, or during the PDI.

iawoody2

Keep notes while shopping of what you like and don't like, need and don't need, and just plain have to have. Internet threads are like real life, there's always more complainers then praisers. Take everything you read with a grain of salt and be your own best judge. Also, inspect any unit thoroughly and test everything before you buy, or during the PDI.
This is very true. As a retiree of John Deere Marketing Division one thing that we stressed to our dealers was customer satisfaction. A dissatisfied customer will tell everyone, a satisfied customer tells only a few. As was mentioned call Heartland, they are great and helpful.