EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, Cape May - 5/16/2014 to 5/18/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
What a Rally! Ed and Irene we love you guys! Although, there has not been much posted here, there sure was plenty going on at camp!

NJ Hosted a Mr. Heartland Pageant and OH MY......... I never laughed so hard in my life. Congratulations to Jim Marigliano, aka SNOOKIE (NY) for winning the NJ Crown with $42 in tips. Michael Walker, aka MICHELLE (MD) was 1st runner up with $33 dollars raised. John Proto (NY), Ed Hickman (MA), Glenn Schaaf (NJ) and Ed Matulewicz (NJ) also participated.

What makes this so special is all the monies tipped to the contestants was donated to Operation Yellow Ribbon, a NJ charity that sends care packages to our troops on deployment. The Pageant raised a total of $175 for the charity. In addition a basket raffle held throughout the weekend raised additional funds and the total contribution made to Operation Yellow Ribbon was an outstanding $537.00.

In addition to the generosity with Operation Yellow Ribbon, we continued our 50/50 Raffle to benefit Homes For Hero's at the Urbanna Rally. We raised and additional $142.00 making our total contribution $302.00 for the Homes For Hero's campaign!

Way to go NJ!

jbeletti

Way to go Ed and Irene, all of the New Jersey Chapter and members of the Northeast Region and others who attended the rally, worked the rally and contributed to the success.

Great work too on fundraising. It will be great having the Northeast region roll into the Urbanna rally with a check for Building Homes for Heroes!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
The Traveling Sombrero has now been introduced to the Northeast in a big way thanks to our Mr. Heartland Pageant contestants!

Attachments

• IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    812.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    790.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    764.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    767.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1660.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg
    742.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    761.2 KB · Views: 19

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We all had an absolute blast in NJ! Thanks to Ed and especially to Irene! Irene takes more or a silent role at the rallies but works sooooooo hard to make sure we have everything we need and we appreciate her to the moon and back! Thank you both from the entire group!

Attachments

• IMG_1699.jpg
    IMG_1699.jpg
    852.4 KB · Views: 43

chaplady

Home safe andsound . Again awesome time. Last year I left saying don't know how Ed & Irene are going to top that really and yet they did 10 fold. Glad we joined the heartland family Thank you all. Bill & Liz

Vinny773

We are back home in North Jersey. We had a great time. Great job Ed and Irene. Great to see everyone!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Thanks to Irene and Ed for a great rally you guys rock. We had a blast and are looking forward to next year. Love you both, Michelle

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Awesome time you guys really out did it this year. I'm already looking forward to next year & can't wait to book my site. Outstanding Ed & Irene

f250dieseldad

Ed and Irene, what a great job!!! You guys need to rest after all your hard work. Enjoy the rest of your stay at Holly Shores.

gschaaf

Thanks Ed and Irene for another outstanding job. Fran and I had a great time and a lot of laughs. You know what Ed driving home with that dress on was something with that air blowing up there. See ya down the road!!!

jimtoo

Thanks Ed and Irene for another outstanding job. Fran and I had a great time and a lot of laughs. You know what Ed driving home with that dress on was something with that air blowing up there. See ya down the road!!!

WHAT,,,, no pictures???? :)

oldmannj

WHAT,,,, no pictures???? :)

I'm sorry Jim...."Lola" was too busy on stage to be behind the camera. I'm sure when Debbie sees this post pics will magically appear!!!! If not I'll put in your request to see the mess. LOL ED.:angel:

porthole

Retired
A big BZ !

Great rally and we got to keep Fran out till 11:30 by the fire monday night! Must have been all the fresh air down at "the Sunset".

Home Monday afternoon. Was able to travel just fast enough to blow all the oak tree seed pods off and hit enough construction bumps to loose a front wheel hub cap :mad:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Total funds raised for Operation Yellow Ribbon was amended to $567.00 between the Mr. Heartland Pageant and the Basket Raffle! Great job of taking care of our deployed troops NJ! Here are some memories from the evening. :rolleyes: We took the opportunity to welcome the Traveling Sombrero to the Northeast at the same time!

Attachments

• IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    761.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1660.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg
    742.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    767.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    764.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    790.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    812.5 KB · Views: 27

oldmannj

It seems like a long time ago, but it's been just a week since we crowned our Mr. Heartland pageant winner. Congratulations Jim "Snookie" Marigliano. Thank you's go out too, to Glenn Schaaf, John Proto, Mike Walker and Ed Hickman.

Irene and I would like to take this time to thank you all for your generosity and continued support of the Heartland Gives Back Initiative. You folks opened up your hearts and your wallets to a worthy cause. In addition to the generous donations to Yellow Ribbon of N.J. you turned right around and dug deep for the Homes for Heroes raffle. YOU GUYS ROCK !!!!!!

Special thanks to John, Mike, Ann, Alice, Bill and all the others who pitched in with time and effort to help us make this rally a success. My heartfelt gratitude goes out to Debbie Bylinski , for her super human efforts and seemingly endless ability to come up with solutions to problems that arise. YOU ROCK TOO GIRL !! To my lovely bride, all I can say is; Thank you ,you make me look like I have a clue!!!

We're already looking forward to 2015 and with any luck, we'll be able to at least come close to the rockin' good time we had this year. Again thank you all for allowing us the pleasure of not only hosting your rally, but for getting to call you our friends. You are all special people and we are better for having met each and every one of you. ED. and Irene.
:angel:

oldmannj

I got a very nice phone call Tuesday afternoon 5/27 from Dave at Yellow Ribbon. Not only were Deb, Irene and I blown away by your generosity, so was he!!! Thank you letters are on the way to the club and Dina personally for her generous contribution. That makes 2 years in a row that you folks have been generous to the point of getting the people in charge to notice. GREAT JOB FELLOW HEARTLANDERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.