Four Season? Tongue Weight

A

AEmedic

I asked this elsewhere, but got no response, so here it is again...

My Wife and I are considering a purchase prior to the end of the year, even though I am deployed to Afghanistan right now.

We have been looking and the razor seems like a good fit.

However, I am concerned about the tongue weight. Does anyone have an actual loaded tongue weight with the generator installed?

Another primary concern is the 4 season ability of the Razor. I know that no RV is a true 4 season, but some will tolerate fairly cold weather. I live in MT and often it is cold but otherwise good weather, and since I can't always choose the best time to camp I want something that will be able to be used down below freezing. Does the Razor qualify?

Thanks again from FOB Lightning, Gardez, Afghanistan.

jpmorgan37

Chris, I forwarded your last request for information to the factory. As it is the weekend now, I wouldn't expect any response from the factory until sometime next week. Sometimes, it takes several days for them to review these requests and the person that reviews it may have to go to other sources in order to get the answer. I'm sure that you will get a response as soon as the factory personnel has the information for you.

John

Scott

AEmedic,
First of all, thank you for your service for our country over there in Afghanistan!
Secondly, regarding the tongue weight of a RAZOR with the generator - I will have to see if I can get that information for you here at the factory - we typically do the tongue weights prior to options, so we may not have this right on hand. But we may- I'll ask one of the engineers on Monday.
Thirdly - regarding the RAZORs four season capabilities - even though the coach features an enclosed and heated underbelly, like many of our larger, true extended stay campers, it does not have the extra layer(s) of insulation in the underbelly like say, the Landmark does.
If you really are planning on camping when the temperature goes below zero, you really need to consider doing some modifications yourself to the coach to ensure against problems while doing extended stay camping in sub-zero temperatures. It's one thing to have a day or two hit below zero, and something entirely different to actually plan on being in the kind of weather consistently. The modifications I am going to suggest are not that difficult, but will help ensure that you will not run into problems:
1) Take down one side of the underbelly on the coach so that you can add additional insulation to the underbelly area. On our larger, more expensive coaches, we use a flex foil sheet (R14), as well as a layer of fiberglass blanket insulation. If I were you, I would either get a maximum R-value blanket, or add two layers of the blanket. I would also really protect the tanks with extra insulation. Don't fill the entire area up with insulation - because you will want a place for the warm air from the furnace run to flow. (some people who do this type of a modification end up putting in too much insulation and it actually blocks the warm air from circulating down in the underbelly).
Lastly - most furnaces in this industry have spots on them for extra runs. I would suggest doing a secondard run into the underbelly from the furnace. There are larger runs on the furnaces (approx. 4") and smaller runs (approx. 2") which we use flexible hose with. I would add a second, smaller run to the underbelly area.
THAT would give you one heck of a protection package against the cold and honestly, will not cause you that much trouble, or damage to your wallet.

ST

A

AEmedic

Scott,
That is an outstanding answer on the 4 season ability, thank you!

If you are able to find the tongue weight with the Genny then that will be great as well! If not, I still appreciate your trying!

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
Razor

AEmedic, I got with the engineer concerning the weight with the generator. I need to know what model you are looking at so the engineer can get a better answer for you. There are so many variances in the different models we cannot give you a straight answer without the model.