Winter Cover

BD2BD

I purchased a 2009 Sundance 3300 SK yesterday. Any suggestions on what kind of winter cover to purchase?

jimtoo

Hi BD2BD,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I am sure you will get some opinions soon about covers for RV's. Most folks do not use them. If they are not good and well fitting and the winds blows, you can get rub spots and damage to the finish.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

One of my last rigs was a park trailer with a rubber roof. It sat outside on the same spot for 10 years. Never had a cover. Roof held up fine with only a couple washings in 10 years. No roof treatments, only a couple wash jobs and I checked the caulk annually. I can't see a need to use a cover in our climate. Maybe if it was baking in the sun every day..Look around on the net and you will find lots of pros and cons...Don

TXTiger

The best cover is an A frame canvas cover on posts that you can drive under and park your rig. And even these only last a couple of years.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Although we have never had a cover on ours I have talked to several people and read posts about covers for your RV. From what I have heard the biggest drawback is the covers seem to move rubbing the rv under it causing damage to the roof and/or finish on the rv. In my opinion the best cover is either a metal or wooden carport type cover. It would have to be capable of handling a snow load if you are in that climate.

jnbhobe

Put it under a carport or pay for inside storage, you'll just waste your money with a cover no matter what its made of.

Gaffer

I have a cover for sale. Check it out here.//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/41236-Calmark-cover?p=323379&highlight=#post323379
I purchased a 2009 Sundance 3300 SK yesterday. Any suggestions on what kind of winter cover to purchase?

BD2BD

Thanks to all for replying. My main concern is the decals fading. Most are suggesting against a cover and I'll go with that suggestion. Thanks again!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
303 is a surface protectant. It will help prevent the fading of the graphics by using a UV inhibitor.
303 Aerospace Protectant is what people here are using.
You can read about it HERE.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

I've heard there are no "dumb questions", so here goes... What is 303?
There ya go, Ya got the truth, the whole truth from Dave.