New for Landmark!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
All,

Just posted today on Heartland's Facebook Page:

Check out the new Garmin RV760PRO GPS system with built in wireless back up camera Exclusive for Landmark!
1383106_10151725383509227_306604376_n.jpg

Check out the new look of Landmark without the full paint option. Includes high gloss ivory sidewalls and painted front and rear caps.

1384144_10151725360369227_629783874_n.jpg

Wmnmy

Wow like the Garmin and Love the Landmark still tryn to talk DW into getting one when I retire in 5 years lol..... Every since we saw John and Lori Landmark and a new one at the Temecula Rally I have been dreaming bout one lol DW pulls the reigns in for me because ever since we have been out at camping world and shows its always something you need or would like to have to make the comfort away from home feel like home lol.

kkamshop

I like this exterior color, the dark front cap will hide the bugs (some) and the light sides will help keep the interior temps down.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Darn...if they'd had that last year, I might not have had to spring for a full body paint job!

travlingman

My Savannah is being built this week. Ordered the back up camera, wonder if I will get gps/camera or just camera?

DHill57

We bought our 2013 Landmark Mesa in February of 2013. We had the wireless backup camera installed at the factory at that time. Does anyone know if the Garmin GPS/ monitor that is going into the new units will work with the wireless camera we have? We are not at our fifth wheel (and won't be for a few months) and am not certain which brand monitor/camera we have but I think it is a Jensen.

titikim

You can get this unit: Garmin RV 760LMT GPS Navigator, I think it is pretty much the same with the RV maps and size input and it is only +/-400$. You only have to install it which seems pretty simple because to get the power you plug it with the 5th wheels' rear end lights.

GOTTOYS

You can get this unit: Garmin RV 760LMT GPS Navigator, I think it is pretty much the same with the RV maps and size input and it is only +/-400$. You only have to install it which seems pretty simple because to get the power you plug it with the 5th wheels' rear end lights.
Keep in mind those lights only have power if they are turned on. If you run down the road without the lights on then you'll need to come up with a different power source..Don

jbeletti

DHill57,

The Jensen and Garmin systems will not interoperate. In each system, their cameras are matched/paired to the receivers built-into the monitors.

I can appreciate the likely reason you have for wanting to use the Garmin GPS with the Jensen camera (a single monitor solution for both backup camera and GPS receiver). I will say that I have had both systems and since I don't need a GPS, I prefer the Jensen system.

That said, if I was in the market for a new large screen GPS for navigations, using the Garmin backup camera / GPS system makes a lot of sense.

If you were to change over to the Garmin system, you'd need only get some 12 volt power to the rear cap. I'd use power from the rear cap reading lights. The Garmin system comes with a transmitter that mounts near the camera. Heartland mounts it in the upper cabinet. I'd install a switch in the DC line so you can cut power off to the system when you are setup at a CG for long periods.

Note that v1 of the Garmin system has no audio or LEDs on the camera. I believe they are working to add more features to v2 product.

dave10a

I am torn between the Garmin and Magellan GPS, both of which have the same back up camera option. I have not read many positive comments on the Magellan and the Garmin is too new to have real world experience. So I a waiting till the "jury come in." It seems that distance from the camera to receiver is a problem for Magellan and 40ft plus obstruction of signal is the problem. Has Garmin improved this signal strength and how does Heartland deal with distance and obstruction of signal? And how much markup over Amazon does Heartland charge?

BTY I like the color scheme on my Landmark better :)

dave10a

DHill57,

The Jensen and Garmin systems will not interoperate. In each system, their cameras are matched/paired to the receivers built-into the monitors.

I can appreciate the likely reason you have for wanting to use the Garmin GPS with the Jensen camera (a single monitor solution for both backup camera and GPS receiver). I will say that I have had both systems and since I don't need a GPS, I prefer the Jensen system.

That said, if I was in the market for a new large screen GPS for navigations, using the Garmin backup camera / GPS system makes a lot of sense.

If you were to change over to the Garmin system, you'd need only get some 12 volt power to the rear cap. I'd use power from the rear cap reading lights. The Garmin system comes with a transmitter that mounts near the camera. Heartland mounts it in the upper cabinet. I'd install a switch in the DC line so you can cut power off to the system when you are setup at a CG for long periods.

Note that v1 of the Garmin system has no audio or LEDs on the camera. I believe they are working to add more features to v2 product.

If the video signal meets the normal composite video standard they will work on Magellan GPS and most likely the the Garman as well. I have not seen Garmins specs, but I suspect they have not reinvented the wheel and follow the composite video specs as well. My Magellan will display video from DVD's, Cannon Camera's, and VCR's as long as the are the normal composite video. Once the unit sees the 1v p-p composite video it automatically switches from GPS display to video.

Last edited:

DHill57

Thanks all.
Jim - wouldn't the factory installed Jensen system already have 12 volt power at the factory installed rear camera on the rear cap? If so it may be as easy as replacing the camera with the Garmin one?

dave10a

Looks like Garmin is not any better than Magellan for backup cameras. They both claim the units will work at 50ft, but the reviews say otherwise. http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-010-12...E7E/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1. I would be reluctant to buy this unit until it is clarified how the transmitter is routed to provide the prevent any image problem and will Heartland reimburse the full purchase amount if the unit doe not work as expected. It appears as though these units by Magellan and Garmin are not designed for all RV's. I hope I am wrong but the real world reviews and not as good as I would expect and I don't know how much time Heartland spends evaluating things.

Also I near as I can tell the Garmin BC20 backup camera will work with any unit that accepts the composite video standard which most do.