New Gateway Owner

Breeno

We took delivery of our Gateway 3650 BH last week and I have a very happy family now.
Love this rig! Looking at bunkhouse floor plans really restricted our search -- especially when looking for quality units.
This Gateway fits the bill nicely for us -- although (hint hint) if Heartland ever made a new Landmark in this floor plan, well... :cool:

Our family recently moved to Austin, TX and our plan is to live in the Gateway for a while as we figure out a "home base" scenario. (Although we've become so addicted to RVing, who knows the time table on this plan...)

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. This forum was very useful in our research -- along with the solid rep of Heartland in supporting their products -- in helping us choose a new fiver.

Oh, and requisite pics:

10405655774_040a8d9533_z.jpg

More pics here

danemayer

Hi Breeno,

Congratulations on your new Gateway and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. If you have any questions, feel free to post your questions on the forum. I'm sure you'll get answers from other owners very quickly.

We also have an extensive manuals section on the forum with hundreds of manufacturers' manuals in case you can't find one that you need. And we have several owner-written user guides and troubleshooting guides that you might find helpful.

Let me also mention the Heartland Owners Club. Membership gets you into Heartland Chapter Rallies at no charge and discounts parts purchases from Heartland. There's even a free introductory membership if you're not sure about joining. The North and South Texas Chapters have a couple of rallies each year. Take a look at the EVENTS tab at the top of page for rally information. Hope to see you at a rally soon.

HornedToad

That is a beautiful rig, next summer you'll be glad you got the 2nd AC.

You'll like Austin... it is a fun place with so much to see & do,

all my favorite campgrounds are in the hill country.

Enjoy!!!

greg7140

We love our Gateway, the only thing I wish it had, and was something I said was a "must" on our next camper was the 6 point leveling system. But after the DW saw the Gateway there was no turning her around to look at the others...it was what she wanted and fell in love with it immediately. I got to pick out the '08 Toyhauler we traded in on the Gateway so it was her turn to have the final say I guess. But, after having the toyhauler for 5 years, I certainly like all the creature comforts of the Gateway...if she is happy then I can live without the Level Up system! (but guess if I REALLY wanted it I could drive the 3 hours to the factory and have it installed!)

kernst

Congrats Breeno. We took delivery of our new Gateway 3650 BH back in June and absolutely love it. The kids have plenty of room to play in the back, and we have plenty of room ourselves in the master bedroom. I can't say enough good things about the Gateway line and this floorplan in particular. Like you we were looking for a bunk house model, and that narrows the field quite a bit. We hadn't even considered a Heartland product (just didn't know much about them) until seeing the Gateway 3650 BH on the internet. Once we saw one in person it was love at first sight.

Like Greg the only thing I wish the we had on it is the 6-point level system. I read somewhere that it's an option if you order from the factory, but we *had* to have the unit at the dealership, we could not wait for a custom order. I recently added a set of JT Strong Arm stabilizer bars to the front landing gear. I was amazed at how well they stopped the side to side "wiggle" of the trailer. There's hardly any movement at all now. We are very pleased with that add-on. The only other must have for me was an Oxygenics shower head, which was added on day one.

I hope you all enjoy your new Gateway as much as we have.
Kurt

Breeno

Congrats Breeno. We took delivery of our new Gateway 3650 BH back in June and absolutely love it. The kids have plenty of room to play in the back, and we have plenty of room ourselves in the master bedroom. I can't say enough good things about the Gateway line and this floorplan in particular. Like you we were looking for a bunk house model, and that narrows the field quite a bit. We hadn't even considered a Heartland product (just didn't know much about them) until seeing the Gateway 3650 BH on the internet. Once we saw one in person it was love at first sight.

Like Greg the only thing I wish the we had on it is the 6-point level system. I read somewhere that it's an option if you order from the factory, but we *had* to have the unit at the dealership, we could not wait for a custom order. I recently added a set of JT Strong Arm stabilizer bars to the front landing gear. I was amazed at how well they stopped the side to side "wiggle" of the trailer. There's hardly any movement at all now. We are very pleased with that add-on. The only other must have for me was an Oxygenics shower head, which was added on day one.

Kurt

This mirrors my experience as well regarding DW's response to the Gateway. The first time we toured it she just kept saying "wow" over and over. We kept looking but we both kept going back to the Gateway. Such a great floor plan.

First time I've seen the JT's -- these look great! Love that there is nothing to store and they look high quality to boot. I've put the on the "must have" list for a future buy (need to let the money gun cool off a bit as we bought a new 2012 F350 DRW at the same time we bought the Heartland)

So pleased with this rig!

Breeno

That is a beautiful rig, next summer you'll be glad you got the 2nd AC.

You'll like Austin... it is a fun place with so much to see & do,

all my favorite campgrounds are in the hill country.

Enjoy!!!

we've only been in Austin since May and it's already home to us. We'll be spending 2 weeks at Buck Horn in Jan '14 -- love that part of the hill country.

Breeno

Hi Breeno,
Let me also mention the Heartland Owners Club. Membership gets you into Heartland Chapter Rallies at no charge and discounts parts purchases from Heartland. There's even a free introductory membership if you're not sure about joining. The North and South Texas Chapters have a couple of rallies each year. Take a look at the EVENTS tab at the top of page for rally information. Hope to see you at a rally soon.

joined! Looking forward to some hill country rallies

greg7140

Breeno, I am sorry! I guess I could have at least said congratulations! I am sure you will love the Gateway as much as Jenni and I have come too!

Kurt, I was just looking at the JT Strong Arms this morning, they will probably be purchased in the next few days! Funny about the shower head...the Oxygenics Shower head was a must buy before we even left the dealer after picking up the Gateway!

MCTalley

Congrats on the new rigs. I saw you over on the Ford Trucks forum when you got your truck. Glad you dropped in here as well. That forum and this one are the only two I frequent. Nice folks on both.

We will be in the Austin area in March. I'll touch base and see if you're still in the area.

Breeno

Congrats on the new rigs. I saw you over on the Ford Trucks forum when you got your truck. Glad you dropped in here as well. That forum and this one are the only two I frequent. Nice folks on both.

We will be in the Austin area in March. I'll touch base and see if you're still in the area.

We should definitely be around (unless we are making a short trip), Austin is our home base. Look forward to meeting up.
Very impressed with the quality of people + information on both sites so far!

Breeno

Breeno, I am sorry! I guess I could have at least said congratulations! I am sure you will love the Gateway as much as Jenni and I have come too!

Kurt, I was just looking at the JT Strong Arms this morning, they will probably be purchased in the next few days! Funny about the shower head...the Oxygenics Shower head was a must buy before we even left the dealer after picking up the Gateway!

hah, no worries. The JTs definitely look like a great add-on. So far we really love this rig.

aside: thanks for your Navy service -- my FIL and Dad both served.

Breeno

Kurt

i just installed the JTs (front) today, great mod.
Can't quite figure out how to mount up the rears, though...

love the added stability!

1_oldgoat

Congrats on your new gateway, my wife and i picked up a 3500RE the first of november and love it, no problems to speak of compared to past units.