ATF: Cyclone - Note for AJ Please Forward - Cyclone 4100 Shower Access Panel et al

rgwilliams69

AJ's personal mail was full - can someone pass this along?

Well AJ, just finishing up our first year in the 2013 Cyclone 4100 King and man what a year it has been! Definitely the top initial quality we have ever seen in a 5th wheel, and that is with over 12,000 miles of traveling all to many different states following our dirt track racing series.

We are getting the unit back in to our dealer Pontiac RV for some punch list items before the year is up, but the list is short. I have a couple of questions for you if you get a moment:

(1) We have the shower enclosure that DOES NOT have an access panel to check the valve connections to the fixtures. One time this year while on city water I think we had a slight drip leak back there but try and I might I could not get in there to look at it. I see on the newer 4100 model that there is an access panel similar to those in the water works area. Can you provide our dealer with the specs and install instructions to put one of these in? I assume they just cut the hole and then install the panel. We definitely need to have long term access to this area, which is why I suppose you put the panel in the newer models.

(2) Several of the plastic furnace vents have cracked. Is there an option to put metal vents in rather than plastic? I assume that if we replace as-is the same thing would happen.

(3) Both of our bar stools have cracks in them from what looks like over tightening of the hardware. Assume that these are covered in the 100% 1st year warranty and can our dealer just ask for replacements?

Other than that just minor cosmetics, like the wall covering on the DS master closet coming loose. Again great unit, we absolutely love it, and the entire thing has worked flawlessly through a hard work out this year on the road. Good job on this model. We were Keystone people before we gave Heartland a try for the 4100 hauler - you have definitely made a long term customer here!

Thanks much for your time and help,

Greg Williams
rgwilliams69@gmail.com
309-531-6644

rgwilliams69

Anyone see this at the factory yet? I talked to my dealer on Thursday and they were going to call over to check on the specs/kit... Thanks!

Greg

danemayer

Hi Greg,

If people are on vacation or away from the factory on work assignments, they may miss posts. You should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

rgwilliams69

Thanks Dan - I'll call my dealer on Monday to see if they go through first. They understood what I was talking about, but I wanted them to understand the full nature of the install on an existing 4100. I've sent several messages back/forth to AJ in the past but his mail shows full. I'm sure he gets a lot of mail. :)

Cheers,

Greg