New Bighorn 3160 Elite?

kdubinwa

Didn't see this covered elsewhere... The Heartland website is showing a new Bighorn 3160 Elite (not to be confused with the 3260 Elite). The 3160 is a foot shorter but has a higher GVWR of 15,500 vs the 14,000 GVWR of the longer 3260. Makes me wonder if the specs are correct on both models...?

Anybody have more info on the 3160 and its rational/positioning in the Bighorn product line?

Thanks,
Kurt

Geodude

Heartland's site could do with some QC - is the slide room height 6'4" as the specs say or is it 7' as the floor plan diagram says? What are the CCCs of the trailers? The available bed sizes are different in the floor plan vs. the specs -- the 3260 floor plan shows king bed, queen optional but shows queen with no king optional in the specs, and the 3160 shows queen bed, no other option in the spec. Maybe that's why one is one foot shorter than the other, i.e. just the max bed size.

We're looking at the 3260 but it's hard to figure things out when the web page is providing conflicting or incomplete information.

tcbrady

The slideroom height on the 3260 for the off door side slide is 7' and the slideroom height on the 3160 door side slide is 7'.

the CCC of these units is the difference between the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of 14,000 and the dry weight of the unit. Each unit is individually weighted but the 3260 is around 11,300. The 3260 has a king bed standard with an option for queen and the 3160 has queen bed standard with no option for a king bed. Hope this helps with your questions. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 888-262-5992 and ask for a Bighorn sales representative.

thanks, Coley

Heartland's site could do with some QC - is the slide room height 6'4" as the specs say or is it 7' as the floor plan diagram says? What are the CCCs of the trailers? The available bed sizes are different in the floor plan vs. the specs -- the 3260 floor plan shows king bed, queen optional but shows queen with no king optional in the specs, and the 3160 shows queen bed, no other option in the spec. Maybe that's why one is one foot shorter than the other, i.e. just the max bed size.

We're looking at the 3260 but it's hard to figure things out when the web page is providing conflicting or incomplete information.