EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Lancaster - 4/18/2014 to 4/20/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
For the first time in 2014, sporting a new Bighorn and a new RAM, lets welcome Hank and Phyllis Voght.

JWalker

Adding another PAer to the rally. Welcome Bob & Betty Floyd. See you in the spring.

MrsJWalker

Hi everyone. Jamie and I made a trip to Lancaster last weekend. The campground is making some improvements to the sites we are scheduled to be on. From what they are telling us, the site numbers will not change, but each site will now be a single back in and not the buddy sites shown on the campground map. These improvements are scheduled to be done before our visit. They said that a new map will be available online when the sites are done.

We also did some "research" for our restaurant meal the Saturday of the rally. We have it narrowed down to 2 or 3 places. If anyone has any ideas on a great place to eat, feel free to mention it.
We look forward to seeing all of you in the SPRING!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
That is great news! Those sites looked like they could be a bit tricky but we knew our guys could handle the task. Now, there will be no worries!

Touch base with Jim and Terry Ginn about the restaurant choices. They visit Lancaster often. Maybe they will have a suggestion or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
Sorry, we can't make this one. That's Easter Weekend. See you at the next one.

JWalker

Ginger and I would like to invite everyone for a lunch out on Saturday April 19th. We have made tentative reservations at Plain & Fancy Farms. http://www.plainandfancyfarm.com/ The cost is going to be $14.95/person. If interested, please let me know. We can confirm the reservations.

Along with a wonderfull restaurant, this location has it all for the Amish experience.

Spend the DayThe 9 pristine acres that make up Plain & Fancy are surrounded by Amish farmlands and located midway between Bird-in-Hand and Intercourse on Route 340, an AAA cultural scenic byway. In Lancaster County, Plain & Fancy Farm is the only place where visitors can find it all, including Aaron & Jessica's Buggy Rides, The Amish Experience Theater, Country Homestead and Farmland Tours, Country Store, gardens and farm animals.

When I get confirmation on the group pricing for the tours and theaters, I will post here and the second post of this thread.

http://www.plainandfancyfarm.com/

-Located about 5 miles from campground
-Plenty of nice parking for all the big tow vehichles.

MrsJWalker

Hi all.
I wanted to let you know what is on the menu for our lunch on April 19 at Plain and Fancy Farms. 2 pieces of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade coleslaw, rolls with apple butter, vegetable medley, "sweet treat", like a brownie, cookie, or whoopie pie, iced tea, lemonade, coffee, hot tea, and ice water. Jamie and I visited this restaurant back in December and he gave the fried chicken 2 thumbs up. I didn't have the chicken, but I did have the mashed potatoes, gravy, coleslaw, and rolls with apple butter. Everything I tried was really yummy. Hope all of you will join us!

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
Well. things do change. It looks like we are going to make this one after all. SOOOO looking forward to it! Is it spring yet???? We are so ready to camp. What do I put in the camper first? Think, think, think. . .paper plates? forks? clothes? toiletries? Where do I start? If I forget it. . .Walmart. We can do this!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Yea! Mike & Jodi are coming! I agree about the brain forgetting what needs to be done over the winter. Good thing it only takes one weekend to figure it out.

Jody what happened to 2013 in your signature? I know I saw you around a few times last season!

JWalker

Well. things do change. It looks like we are going to make this one after all. SOOOO looking forward to it! Is it spring yet???? We are so ready to camp. What do I put in the camper first? Think, think, think. . .paper plates? forks? clothes? toiletries? Where do I start? If I forget it. . .Walmart. We can do this!

That's GREAT!!! Do you have your site # and arrival dates?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Jamie & Ginger,

Do you have any idea when the campground will begin returning messages for reservations. I spoke with a few members this week who were concerned their calls would not be returned until April 1st when they reopen. We also have Chapter Leaders who are unable to make reservations for the Summit. Is there some other means of getting in touch with them as in making online reservations?

Status
Not open for further replies.