EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Lancaster - 4/18/2014 to 4/20/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Jamie & Ginger,

Do you have any idea when the campground will begin returning messages for reservations. I spoke with a few members this week who were concerned their calls would not be returned until April 1st when they reopen. We also have Chapter Leaders who are unable to make reservations for the Summit. Is there some other means of getting in touch with them as in making online reservations?

Deb, the only numbers that I have are the ones that are on the website and the number that was on the original packet you mailed me when you first booked this Campground. Ginger did leave them a message this morning. I also emailed them a message concerning the reservations for April. info@oldmillstreamcampground.com. If we hear back from them, I will forward the information to everybody ASAP.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks Jamie! I am not worried because you are on the case. I talked with Greg D. and Mike W. who both had trouble getting a call back. I also know of 2 members who are trying to make reservations and are not getting called back. They are probably busy trying to get those new sites put in before the next round of snow! Thanks again!

JWalker

Sorry for the delayed responses. Two weeks ago our company did a major restructure. Monday, I was relocated to a different area. It's like learning a job all over again. It's going to take several weeks to get acclimated to my new territory which is now twice the size that it was before. Thank goodness for Internet on our phones and GPS systems.

JWalker

I just received this email from the campground

At this point I am not connected to my server and I am in the process of switching to a new reservation system. I am hoping to be up, running and able to start taking reservations again mid March. Thank you!

Christine Suydam-Manager
Old Mill Stream Campground

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I just received this email from the campground

At this point I am not connected to my server and I am in the process of switching to a new reservation system. I am hoping to be up, running and able to start taking reservations again mid March. Thank you!

Christine Suydam-Manager

That's what we were looking for Jamie. At least they have an idea of what's going on. Well done!

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
At this point, judging from the quick response we received. I would suggest that anyone trying to make reservations, email the campground at mailto:info@oldmillstreamcampground.com. You might receive a quicker response when their system comes online.

Jamie

Jamie

This is how we did it a few weeks ago and the women did respond back but because she couldn't do credit card transaction we went the old fashion way and mailed in our deposit; we received our confirmation in the mail yesterday and we are on site 207.

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
We can't get anyone to call us back from Old Mill Stream. I have left messages twice. Don't want to be a pest, but I WANT IN!!! lol

JWalker

Try emailing them. mailto:info@oldmillstreamcampground.com. They said they are down till mid March, but some are getting through by email.

Keep hope alive....

Rottiesmom

We can't get anyone to call us back from Old Mill Stream. I have left messages twice. Don't want to be a pest, but I WANT IN!!! lol

Hey Jodi

We emailed them after not getting return calls and the women answered us within a few days and the other day we received our confirmation after sending her a check for the deposit. I would say to try emailing them you'll probably get a better response. Hope to see you in the spring!

JWalker

Welcome Mike and Jodi Vanderford. I think it has been last year at the Maryland Rally when we saw the Frogs in front of the Big Country. Can't wait till spring.

TheWinklers

OK, after seeing posts that people were able to make reservations via emailing the campground I tried.. well they told me I can't make a reservation until AFTER April 1st.. so maybe the Winkler's won't be there after all.....

TheWinklers

which kinda stinks since I already made arrangements to store my trailer up there for the week since we are coming back up there the following weekend for the Witmer Ox Roast.

Rottiesmom

I'm sure they will get you in after the 1st I know a few other people who r waiting until than as well. Good luck hope we do see u guys

JWalker

This is an email I received from the campground a few weeks back...

"At this point I am not connected to my server and I am in the process of switching to a new reservation system. I am hoping to be up, running and able to start taking reservations again mid March. Thank you!"

Christine Suydam-Manager

I believe Deb had initially reserved 20-25 sites, so there should be no problem getting in. That being said, If we decide to make this early season "Camp Out" into a Heartland rally for next year. Everyone will need to remember that the winter schedule for these PA campgrounds is very uncertain.

JWalker

Here are some additional activities that are available at Plain & Fancy.

The activities are:

Amish Experience Theater (takes 40 minutes, shows on the hour, $10.95 per person)
Amish Country Homestead Tour (takes 45 minutes, starts quarter-to the hour, $10.95 per person)
Amish Farmland Bus Tour (takes 90 minutes, starts at 10, 12, 2, and 4 daily, $29.95 per person)

Each activity can be done on its own, but we include all three in a package called the “super saver.” It’s a discounted price ($39.95) to do all three. More details can be found online at AmishExperience.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.