Our new 2014 Big Horn 3685RL

yport

Here's a few pics of our new arrival. You'll also note the little kitchen backsplash that came with it, which we did not like, and the new full kitchen backsplash after the factory sent to us a roll of the much preferred one, and our dealer installed it for us.

Maiden trip just after Christmas to sunny Florida for the winter.

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    424.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Big Horn2.jpg
    Big Horn2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    543.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    434.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    407.9 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC07287.jpg
    DSC07287.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC07291.jpg
    DSC07291.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 176

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Wish you all the best and it was a pleasure meeting you guys Saturday night looking forward to seeing you at rally next July. Safe travels and hope you enjoy your rig

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Looks great! Hope you love yours as much as we love ours. Be safe this winter and we'll see you in the spring!

jbeletti

Awesome looking coach! I like the new backsplash too. Also like how the lower accent color of your truck pull from one of the graphics of the RV. Nice match-up.

Hope to meet you guys when Nancy and I come up to the NE this summer. For sure at the NE Regional Rally.

yport

Awesome looking coach! I like the new backsplash too. Also like how the lower accent color of your truck pull from one of the graphics of the RV. Nice match-up.

Hope to meet you guys when Nancy and I come up to the NE this summer. For sure at the NE Regional Rally.

We'll be there Jim - look forward to meeting you!

gschaaf

Great looking rig good luck and have a great trip to Fla. It was nice meeting you last weekend at dinner hope to see ya soon.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Beautiful setup! Let the building of lifelong memories begin!! And I agree with the others, the backsplash is great!

Rod Ditrich

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I really hope Kary sees this. This is not the new backsplash - it is the old one! We have it in our 2013 and it was changed in '14 to a shorter piece only covering right behind the stove. We too like the '13 version better. It gives the entire counter top area a finished look. Great job Glenn!

jbeletti

I really hope Kary sees this. This is not the new backsplash - it is the old one! We have it in our 2013 and it was changed in '14 to a shorter piece only covering right behind the stove. We too like the '13 version better. It gives the entire counter top area a finished look. Great job Glenn!

Deb,

Kary won't see the posts in this sub-forum. Note that I believe Heartland went from the "graphic/printed on contact paper" sort of backsplash, to the "raised physical material" style as an improvement/upgrade. Doubt they'll be going back - but who knows? I really like the look of the small tiles, even the printed ones. But I even more like the physical small tiles. I've seen so many of them in person in Heartland rigs that have been modded by their owners. One that recently impressed me was in Bernie's (happykraut) Bighorn. He used the raised vinyl tiles called Smart Tiles.

For a volume manufacturer like Heartland, anything they do in this area has to be easy/fast to install. The pre-manufactured pieces you see in some of our new products today require no construction on our part and are easy to glue onto the wall. The real tiles I've seen customers install and even the vinyl Smart Tiles require quite a bit more time and are tedious to install. For that reason, just not sure we'll see Heartland use them.

Great discussions none the less. Everyone please keep the comments and feedback coming and I'll continue to push ideas up to the plant.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim, if the smart-tiles product could be custom made in a roll for HL, it probably wouldn't be any harder install than wall-paper.

For my smart-tiles project, lining up the 10x10 pieces was the hardest part.

buvarabu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yport

Interestingly, our dealer said it took them close to 4 hours to install the full rolled out backsplash. Running a length that long was a challenge for them to get it started straight and keep all the lines perfectly horizontal to the counter and cabinets for eye appeal. They started and stopped several times (good thing the factory sent them a full roll of it) then decides to mount it on thin sheet of aluminum, take the microwave off, and install the full sheet at one time, then molded it out nicely.

So Jim, your point about factory time on the line getting that done quickly may indeed have played into the change.

One other note - we also weren't a fan of the gold/orange globes you see hanging over the island in the original backsplash pic, as we had seen nice white ones in one of their website pics ... so our dealer contacted the factory for us, who gladly sent out replacement white globes - we like much better.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
You probably did yourself right by changing out the globes. The orange colored ones dull the light and now I think I'll make a call to customer service to order my replacements. Thanks Glenn!:)

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2