New Landmark Floorplan - "Newport"

brianharrison

The carrying capacity of the newer F-350 SRW crew cab 4x4 goes up to 3970

Thanks for providing some data to help update my knowledge - I am wondering if there would be a difference with a 3970 point load above the rear axle (kin pin) or 3970 distributed across the entire length of the bed - in the latter case some of the weight is transferred by the frame to the front axle.

I need to go back and look at my specific numbers with the 3000# pin on my Landmark and my 2008 F350, but I seem to recollect the tires were near the load capacity for 80 psi cold (Load Range E, Michelin LTX AT2). Or at least not a lot of excess capacity - maybe I am mistaken.

Brian

EDIT: Sorry Jim for hijacking the thread - please delete my posts if you wish to clean up the flow.

Paul & Nan

Inquiring minds want to know, how much time do you spend in the bathroom? To my mind the space is better placed in the living area. A bathroom is for getting clean and doing a quick business. Just my opinion. But then they did away with the 3670 BH floor plan(which was a top sales point as well), and I won't look further. Just my not so humble opinion.

dave10a

Thanks for providing some data to help update my knowledge - I am wondering if there would be a difference with a 3970 point load above the rear axle (kin pin) or 3970 distributed across the entire length of the bed - in the latter case some of the weight is transferred by the frame to the front axle.

I need to go back and look at my specific numbers with the 3000# pin on my Landmark and my 2008 F350, but I seem to recollect the tires were near the load capacity for 80 psi cold (Load Range E, Michelin LTX AT2). Or at least not a lot of excess capacity - maybe I am mistaken.

Brian
One of the reasons I bought my trailer is because a SRW F350 will pull it well. The San Antonio is the heaviest and largest trailer I can pull. I optioned up the truck and drove the dealer nuts ordering the truck so I did not need to buy a Dually because it simply would not fit into my garage and a dually is like a scalded duck in the snow. It all worked out well and I hope that Heartland publishes the spec's as soon as they have them for this trailer. BTY I got the 20 inch tires which are the heaviest Ford offers.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well - it came - we saw - it went !

Yes. It was nice too but DW along with Jay & Stella decided that it could use a few changes...lol. It also appears to be a VERY heavy coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greengas

Love the idea of the optional office. But having to walk through the bedroom to get to the shower makes it a no go for us.

porthole

Retired
Love the idea of the optional office. But having to walk through the bedroom to get to the shower makes it a no go for us.

Which is exactly why walking through the shower room to get to the bedroom like in the Savannah is a no go for us.

porthole

Retired
Yes. It was nice too but DW along with Jay & Stella decided that it could use a few changes...lol. It also appears to be a VERY heavy coach.

There are at least a dozen changes that will probably be presented before the year is up.

But, that was #1. Numbers 2 through 20 are coming on line very shortly if not already. There are a few things I was able to discuss with Andy ???, the Heartland brand manager, and I'm sure input from RV'ers and the dealers will be utilized.

We really like it, but there are some things that would have to be changed for it to be considered.

As some of the ladies mentioned, the mirrors on the closet doors for one.
The closet doors need to be reversed so you don't see the big gap when the doors are closed.
The un-reachable cubby in the closet

The exposed electrical panel
And while I'm on the panel - why can't we get a panel that has ALL the circuits on one engraved board with some blanks for extra switches and or breakers. The hodge-podge of panels and different types and colors of switches has irked me since I picked up the Cyclone, which has two custom engraved panels but neither big enough to handle everything.

The furniture looked pretty good, and was comfortable to sit on, but the couch pull out bed was horrible.

Although the new full body paint looks real good, the use of a basic cream color for all color plans makes it look like cream gel coat with partial paint.

The show coach weighed 15,670 pounds dry!
The GVW is 17,500 pounds
Simple math gets you about 1800 cargo. Between fresh and waste water storage you could easily lose 500 pounds of that.

The show coach did not have:
Generator
Washer Dryer
Slide out toppers
Dual Pane windows

Adding those might yield you a "real' cargo capacity of 500-600 pounds.

There are dozens of huge cabinets throughout the coach. I'm sure we could easily fill this thing up to 20K
The model is Newport "365", which I assume is for 365 living. Anyone living 365 or full timing brings everything with them, so ............

It really looked like the Landmark people went over to the Cyclone plant and took the biggest Cyclone and turned it into the new flagship Landmark. It is big and brick shaped.

If I could, I would:

Shorten the rear cap 1 foot. As it is, sitting on the right side of the couch completely blocks from view the person sitting on the rear most recliner.
Move the shower to the front cap. Shorten the bathroom 1 foot. Then fill in the rest with cabinets, sink etc.
Those two would shorten up the 43 foot length considerably.

And, I would add a 3rd axle - or build it with a MOR/ryde 10K independent suspension.

That's part of my 2 cents (and I do have more :rolleyes: ).
Knowing this trailer was going to be at Urbanna tipped the hat to us making our way there and I'm glad we did.
We like it and it will be our new goal. Time will tell.

Last edited:

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree with just about everything you have said. I did like the mockup of the blue full body paint though. As far as upgrading, it will be awhile for us as DW loves her kitchen in our original BC 3450 TS. She likes the more counter space with the peninsula rather than an island.

porthole

Retired
The interior is slightly different then what is posted in the above floor plans

For one, the front bath has a slide door instead of the swing.
The toilet is next to the shower
The sink cabinet runs the full length with a single sink and looks great. Two windows as well.

Attachments

• DSCN0141 copy.JPG
    DSCN0141 copy.JPG
    320.5 KB · Views: 246

porthole

Retired
Some other changes I noticed from the above floor plan.
The greyed box just in front of the fridge, looks like it could be a pantry - not there and no room for it. But, with the amount of cabinets in the half bath, the pantry really isn't needed.

Bedroom, the window is in the center of the wall, surrounded by cabinets and a small bench, and it looks great, for hers, hers and his clothes storage.
The greyed out box forward of the entry door is a cabinet. That cabinet follows through and is part of the bedroom cabinets right to the front bath.

Gives it a full built-in look. And, a place to hang your coat when you come in, out of sight.

The TV is framed by cabinets (doesn't show in the mockup), kind of like the Key Largo when first introduced. And the TV is mounted on a swing bracket which conceals even more storage space. Would also allow the TV to be viewed by the food prep person while in the galley.

Ladder to the roof - the peeps in charge still haven't got the message :confused:

mmomega

AnyTimer
This is the Landmark we are looking to go to "possibly" after the Key Largo is paid off next year.
So there are 3 AC's in this big boy? What size genny does it have to run those? a 7.5k?

We've been out of the camping/traveling scene for a little too long and it's high time we got back in. Miss seeing a lot of faces too :)

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
JD and Glenda, it will be good to see you out using your rig again. Looking forward to seeing you at one (or more) of the rallies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This is the Landmark we are looking to go to "possibly" after the Key Largo is paid off next year.
So there are 3 AC's in this big boy? What size genny does it have to run those? a 7.5k?

We've been out of the camping/traveling scene for a little too long and it's high time we got back in. Miss seeing a lot of faces too :)

JD & Glenda, was just thinking about you guys and wondering if you were still enjoying your Landmark. You need to come to some rallies!!!

mmomega

AnyTimer
JD & Glenda, was just thinking about you guys and wondering if you were still enjoying your Landmark. You need to come to some rallies!!

See you guys in Goshen and still loving our Landmark and the fact that in less than a year it'll be paid off!!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
JD the 3 A/Cs are actaully not about to run all at one time I believe. They are controlled by a energy management system, cutting the power if needed. The Brochure still says 5.5 Onan still. So I don't think it has changed.

jbeletti

...So there are 3 AC's in this big boy? What size genny does it have to run those? a 7.5k?

All 3 ACs can "run" on a 50 amp shore power connection (12,000 watts) but I believe only 2 can run with the optional Onan generator (5500 watts).

Not sure if the 7.5k Onan has enough power on one leg to pull 2 ACs or not. Guessing it won't.