Can`t get grey water handles to pull out to drain tanks

Amour60

We have winterized our 2008 Bighorn 5th wheel and cannot get the handles to pull out so the grey water tanks can be drained. We were able to drain the black water tank. Is it possible that the valves are frozen or could the cables be seized? it is warm in the basement and under the RV. At a loss for what to do

jimtoo

Hi Amour60

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't live in the cold country, but has it been down low enough to freeze the tanks in the enclosed belly? Has it been a long time since you used the RV. Please give us a little more info about temps and usage and I'm sure someone in the Heartland family will jump in with some help.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
It had been pretty cold for the past few days although warmer today, my guess would be the valves maybe frozen. You might want to get it to your dealer and see if they can get it free.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You might try running the heater for awhile, heating the underbelly and see if the valves will open.