Weight questions for new tires on 33QB

Kblock108

I have been researching some new tires for my 33qb and was curious what others have used, with the same weights or there about. Below are my specs, I am leaning towards Maxxis based on the good reviews and the cost. But like I tell my wife, I am open to discussing other options :) My towmax have given me 2 flats, during the past 3 trips. With 4000 miles planned soon, its time :)

Length36'10"
Width8'0"
Height12'9"
Hitch Weight1,935 lbs
Dry Weight11,466 lbs
Gross Weight13,935 lbs
Axle Weight12,000 lbs
Fresh Water Capacity53 gals
Grey Water Capacity80 gals
Black Water Capacity80 gals

iawoody2

The thing I question is your weights, have you actually gone across a CAT scale? My weights are 11800 actual loaded for travel, 2500 pin weight, and 9300 trailer axle weight. My trailer gvw is 13500 but I don't load to that. Usaully your pin weight is 20-22% of trailer weight.

GOTTOYS

While you may have 6,000# axles your real axle weight is probably in the 9,500-10,000# range. Mine has a 14,000 GVW with 6,000# axles. My weight when loaded was around 11,500# and my true axle weight was about 9,500#. I had it weighed at the Goshen Rally in 2011. I went with LT tires and couldn't be happier but a set of Maxxis tires would be okay as well...Don

iawoody2

Most truck stops have them, usally a black and yellow sign. I paid $10 to use one. Like Don said the Maxxis are good tires, I just went with BFG Commercial TAs.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You can get your weight by going to a Pilot, Loves, and some Flying J truck stops. That will give you the total combined weight and total weight of the trailer and truck if weighed separately. The best way to get your weight is to get weighed individually i.e. weighing each individual wheel. You can get this done and many larger rallies and also at the Escapee Rainbow park. To find out where you can go to www.escapees.com/smartweigh
and you can find a schedule. I know they are having the next Escapade (their national rally) in Goshen at Elkhart County Fairgrounds. Just remember you can be ok weightwise on the total axle weight and one tire/wheel be overweight. Example: have a 7000 axle and one tire be 3850 and the other be 3300. If you have E rated tires you might have a problem.