Bighorn MSRP

Paradise2

Good afternoon everyone... This is Tom Montague the GM for Bighorn. I just wanted to take a few minutes to respond to the post about Full Body Paint going away. We try and carefully make our decisions based on facts and history. I looked at the Full Body Paint usage report for the last 5 years to determine what impact if any this would have on our customer base. The amount of FBP coaches has increased slightly but the overall percentage was less than 2% of all Bighorns receive FBP. Based on this information and the difficulties it causes us at the plant I decided to kill the option.

I'm working hard to streamline the order process to not only make it easy for retail customers to order product but to make it easier for dealers to stock and therefore decreasing the time it takes to deliver to the customers.

I'm listening however - like on disc brakes & wet bolt kits - this is now a factory option on all Bighorns moving forward. I know this was a hot topic at the Owners Rally this year.

Keep the conversations rolling... I'm watching even though I don't always respond.

Talk Soon

Tom Montague

Please have the workers take more pride in their workmanship...we've had so many issues - had it out three times since we picked it up in Michigan in February....all the other time it has been in for warranty work....last time was 21 issues! Had to go pick it up while waiting on more parts so we could do a weekend trip and back it goes with 3 more issues and hopefully the other parts are in. We love it, but this is going to be our full time home and were are a little disappointed there has been so many issues... Thanks, Lynette

sengli

Just got back from camping in the south bend area last week. Took the usual heartland factory tour to see whats new. The rep that guided the tour told us that the marketing guru's were trying to make the big horn and the landmark products set apart even more. So they are NO longer optioning the big horns units with factory body paint of any kind , as of this week. Only the front and rear caps are to be painted, from here out. So if you have to have one, find one in dealer stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just got back from camping in the south bend area last week. Took the usual heartland factory tour to see whats new. The rep that guided the tour told us that the marketing guru's were trying to make the big horn and the landmark products set apart even more. So they are NO longer optioning the big horns units with factory body paint of any kind , as of this week. Only the front and rear caps are to be painted, from here out. So if you have to have one, find one in dealer stock.

I guess something you could consider if you want the look of full body paint is to get a vehicle "wrap" on the rv instead.

For example, TXBobcat wrapped his in solid red!
45883ffeac35aaacf5d8936167bf4143.jpg
e5fedd7ee31eec4fef37ff5553bbe4c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

If someone wanted to do that or have it painted post delivery, it would be great it the factory would do a decal delete option.

pday1213

It is disappointing to hear that full body paint not going to be offered on Bighorn moving forward. Heartland has downgraded the Bighorn branding by introducing the Bighorn Traveler as a lower end Bighorn and now not offering the full body paint option. I can understand that most dealer orders that are being sold from the lot are not ordered with full body paint option but the custom order customer and most likely a repeat customer. It may be that the Heartland Landmark orders are up and is overwhelming the body paint shop that they had to discontinue other luxury brand trailers. We love our FBP and it is surprising on how many compliments we get on how it looks.

Oregon_Camper

Puts us a strange position, as we dry camp and must have dual refrigerator and we will never again have an RV without FBP.

Landmark only comes with residential refrigerators, so that eliminates all Landmarks from consideration for us. Knowing this, we will be keeping this our current Bighorn for a longer period than originally planned. :(

DougS

Doug S
Bighorn full body paint is back. I talked to Tom Montague at the Tampa Show and he said that you can again order a Bighorn with full body paint and the brochures are printed with the full body paint option of black/red or black/tan. This is great news, thanks Heartland, thanks Tom.

Oregon_Camper

Bighorn full body paint is back. I talked to Tom Montague at the Tampa Show and he said that you can again order a Bighorn with full body paint and the brochures are printed with the full body paint option of black/red or black/tan. This is great news, thanks Heartland, thanks Tom.

That is the best news I've seen today. :)

Thanks for sharing.

In reference to TomM in post #195, I was just informed by my salesman John, at Lakeshore RV in Muskegon, Michigan that Disc Brakes are no longer an option on the Big Horn.
He called the factory a half hour ago, because of my question about ordering Disc Brakes on a new coach.
This apparently came from over Tom's head.
So much for listing to the owners.
Hockster

esscobra

get the axle upgrade - it has larger brakes- nearly double size std ones- no issues stopping with them

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In reference to TomM in post #195, I was just informed by my salesman John, at Lakeshore RV in Muskegon, Michigan that Disc Brakes are no longer an option on the Big Horn.
He called the factory a half hour ago, because of my question about ordering Disc Brakes on a new coach.
Hockster

Good news is that you can contact Performace Trailer Braking, managed by Heartland Owners Kelly and Michael Barnett, (2psnapod1 or 2psnapod2), to bring the Disc Brake install to your location or one near you!

https://performancetrailerbraking.com/

mlpeloquin

Second for Performace Trailer Braking. You could wait for the National rally. Performance Breaking usually has a special pricing for the purchase and installation that is extended to all Heartland owners. You could order them then and have them installed when they are in your area. We had ours installed at the one and only Los Vegas national rally. Would not be without them.

jbeletti

Hockster

Just a point of clarification on this. Tom 'did' listen to owners and he fought to get this option. He succeeded. The plant began installing disc brakes on Bighorns for a period of time. It was determined to be too much of a 'production issue' for the plant and the option was discontinued. It was a sad day.

Tom doesn't discount this option returning again someday, but for now, your best bets are:
- Performance Trailer Braking
- MORryde
- Kit Purchase and Self-Install

DO NOT let the fact that Heartland doesn't have disc brakes as a factory option dissuade you from purchasing a Heartland or not getting the brakes you feel you need. This is easily solvable outside of Heartland.

Jim, I did say this decision was made from over Tom's head, didn't mean to imply that this was Tom's decision.
I realize production issues do arise, but would like to have ordered the unit with Disc Brakes instead of an after market install.
I guess the after market maybe a better deal on price & quality.
I have to see if Performance Trailer Braking will be at any of the Rally's this Summer.
I installed Disc Brakes myself on my present Big Country 4 years ago, but I don't crawl around under things like I used to, I can get down, but have a hard time getting back up.
Looks like I'll pull the trigger on a 2019 Big Horn 3760EL today, just finalizing loan details this morning.
I like the Heartland products, and the lack of Disc Brakes will not effect my purchase.
Thanks for the FYI Jim.

Gary

CoveredWagon

Just a point of clarification on this. Tom 'did' listen to owners and he fought to get this option. He succeeded. The plant began installing disc brakes on Bighorns for a period of time. It was determined to be too much of a 'production issue' for the plant and the option was discontinued. It was a sad day.

Tom doesn't discount this option returning again someday, but for now, your best bets are:
- Performance Trailer Braking
- MORryde
- Kit Purchase and Self-Install

DO NOT let the fact that Heartland doesn't have disc brakes as a factory option dissuade you from purchasing a Heartland or not getting the brakes you feel you need. This is easily solvable outside of Heartland.

Just to weigh in on this, it’s a **** shame to take a set of brand new brakes off and then have to pay an additional $3K+. The drum brakes on our 3270 were marginal at best. The disc brakes may have saved an accident within 20 miles of having them installed. Best $3K I may have ever spent. Good job Mor/ryde.

jbeletti

Just to weigh in on this, it’s a **** shame to take a set of brand new brakes off and then have to pay an additional $3K+. The drum brakes on our 3270 were marginal at best. The disc brakes may have saved an accident within 20 miles of having them installed. Best $3K I may have ever spent. Good job Mor/ryde.
Enjoying mine as well - every travel day. And I have a LOT of those :)