Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ram 3500 Factory Air Suspension

1. Print this Post   #31

Re: Ram 3500 Factory Air Suspension

Heard from my local dealer that the factory rear air suspension is now available, cost is 1,600. for those who are waiting just thought I would pass on the news !!

2. Print this Post   #32
    New Jersey Chapter Leaders porthole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emm4273610re View Post
    Heard from my local dealer that the factory rear air suspension is now available, cost is 1,600. for those who are waiting just thought I would pass on the news !!
    That aftermarket version of that kit is around $2300. Good price on the option.

This page has been updated. Air suspension is slated for April 4th.

http://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx

Interesting reading on that link, a 3.0 Inline 4 and 3.0 V-6 diesels are listed
    New Jersey 2017 Chapter Rally

Duane & Debbie with Regis & Baylee
    RIP camping buddies Cagney, Misty, my Molly & Gungy
    2011 F-350 DRW

New Jersey's 1st (in several years) Annual Rally

Rallies & campouts:
    2012 - 7
    2013 - 8
    2014 - 9
    2015 - 8
    2016 - 8
    2017 - 4

Mods
    --- Topic index --- TST TPMS --- SAT TV --- Onan issues --- Hensley TS-3 :-( --- Ramp failure

3. Print this Post   #33

Quote Originally Posted by emm4273610re View Post
    Which truck?? I had heard the 2500 could be ordered and possibly the 3500 SRW, but not the dually.
    If you aren't in trouble or causing no trouble, you aren't having any fun!! And I am having a blast!!!
    How about you??
    2014 Ram, 3500, Laramie, Crew Cab, 4 X 4, DRW, Stock 6.7, Aisin, 3.73, Lights & Siren
    "Classic" 06 Landmark Mt. Rushmore, Mor-Ryd, Trail Air Air Pin, and a few improvements

4. Print this Post   #34

Sorry I forgot to mention it is for the 3500 Dually . The 2500 has been available for a short time now according to my dealer.

5. Print this Post   #35

Quote Originally Posted by porthole View Post
    That aftermarket version of that kit is around $2300. Good price on the option.

This page has been updated. Air suspension is slated for April 4th.

http://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx

Interesting reading on that link, a 3.0 Inline 4 and 3.0 V-6 diesels are listed
    That's interesting that the 3.0L V6 in the 1500 is not scheduled to begin production until 5/1. The salesmen are saying that they will be on the lots any day. Sounds like they meant any day in August.
    2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 4528 Diesel Pusher
    2014 F150 Platinum 4x4 CC Ecoboost - Toad
    2013 F250 King Ranch 4x4 CC - Work Truck
    2013 Cyclone HD 4100 King (Sold)
    2013 F350 4x4 DRW Lariat Ultimate (Sold)

6. Print this Post   #36

air ride to 2500 only for now . 4/1 for 3500
    1600 for 2500

kelgerman 1400 and not controlled through the radio. i have it and it is great
    driver311

7. Print this Post   #37

So does this mean after 4/1 you can order a 3500 with the air suspension? My dealer doesn't know anything about this option, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. We went through the options for a special order and they never asked me if I was interested in the air suspension.

If I'm understanding this thread correctly, it sounds like this would be a nice option to have for TV, right?

8. Print this Post   #38

Quote Originally Posted by loudounrv View Post
    So does this mean after 4/1 you can order a 3500 with the air suspension? My dealer doesn't know anything about this option, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. We went through the options for a special order and they never asked me if I was interested in the air suspension.

If I'm understanding this thread correctly, it sounds like this would be a nice option to have for TV, right?
    We are pretty close to the order point. They should be starting production in about a week. I understand it's going to be about a $1600 option. They use one leaf spring and rely on the air to carry all the load. It is supposed to be a very soft ride. Having put just over 1200 miles on my 14 3500 I am impressed with the ride. It is plenty soft. I got tired of waiting and pulled the trigger in December on an order. I'm sure the new suspension will be nice but I'm not sure about $1600 nice...

I added firestone airbags and an on board it compressor for half the cost of the factory option. I have a smidgen more functionality but unknown ride quality difference.
    2014 Ram 3500 DRW - Curt Q24 hitch with Reese Adapter. Viair Constant Duty Compressor and Tank. Ride-Rite Air Helper Springs.
    2014 Cyclone 4000 HD

9. Print this Post   #39

Quote Originally Posted by alex00 View Post
    We are pretty close to the order point. They should be starting production in about a week. I understand it's going to be about a $1600 option. They use one leaf spring and rely on the air to carry all the load. It is supposed to be a very soft ride. Having put just over 1200 miles on my 14 3500 I am impressed with the ride. It is plenty soft. I got tired of waiting and pulled the trigger in December on an order. I'm sure the new suspension will be nice but I'm not sure about $1600 nice...

I added firestone airbags and an on board it compressor for half the cost of the factory option. I have a smidgen more functionality but unknown ride quality difference.
    Thanks for the additional info, Alex00. If the firestone product offers a little more functionality for less cost, are there any benefits that the factory option might offer to make it worthy of comparison? Or do you think I'd be better off with the firestone option? In the next few weeks I hope to place an order for 3500 DRW Diesel and I'm shopping for trailers in the same weight and size class as the Cyclone 4000. Congratulations on your purchases, by the way! If you're picking up your trailer this Sunday, I'm sure this weekend can't get here quick enough! Good luck!

10. Print this Post   #40

The way I see it, if the factory option was available, I probably would have done it. I really just didn't want to wait anymore. The added functionality is that I can use my on board air for air tools and filling tires. You can add on-board air for $350, or find a way to tap the air tank in the Ram OEM system for a few bucks. The big promise on the OEM air is the ride. Coming from my '05 3500 I expected a harsh ride in the '14 3500. That is not the case. The ride is still truck like, but very smooth. The advantage to the OEM system is that it will automatically air the bags to compensate for load. I don't know if there will be a user over ride to the height setting, though.

I don't know that the firestone system is an apples to apple comparison. $800 gets you all the parts (tank, compressor, bags, fittings, etc) but that was a self install. If you pay to have it done add $500. Now you are really close to the OEM price, with the addition of warranty. This is a long way of saying that I'd probably order the OEM air, and find a way to tap it for an air chuck. However, I have no complaints about the aftermarket system.

Quote Originally Posted by loudounrv View Post
    Thanks for the additional info, Alex00. If the firestone product offers a little more functionality for less cost, are there any benefits that the factory option might offer to make it worthy of comparison? Or do you think I'd be better off with the firestone option? In the next few weeks I hope to place an order for 3500 DRW Diesel and I'm shopping for trailers in the same weight and size class as the Cyclone 4000. Congratulations on your purchases, by the way! If you're picking up your trailer this Sunday, I'm sure this weekend can't get here quick enough! Good luck!
    2014 Ram 3500 DRW - Curt Q24 hitch with Reese Adapter. Viair Constant Duty Compressor and Tank. Ride-Rite Air Helper Springs.
    2014 Cyclone 4000 HD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast