jt strong arms

connjab

Still trying to get the Bighorn setup to our likings. Has anyone attached JT Strongarms to their rig. The instalation looks fairly straigh forward. My problem seems to be the cross members of the steel frame is hidden under the sealed bottom. Is ther a easy way of locating the side to side members both front and back. :confused:

aatauses

I installed Ultra Fabs which I think are similar to Strongarms?? If they are, on the front I put a piece of angle on the inside of the storage compartment and then bolted up through the thin metal and into the angle---gave a secure fit in the front. On the rear I did something different than most, I installed them facing towards the front, I think they work just fine this way. If I was going to do something else I would install another set in the rear similar to the front, again probably getting a piece of angle to run from the stabilizer on each side and bolt to that.
Hope this helps.
al currently in Surprise, AZ

connjab

Thanks for the information. I was hoping for something a little simpler but we do what we have to do. I didn't think of reinforcing the inside of the front carrier.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Been a while, but I seem to remember that my Ultra-Fabs had a reinforcement piece for the front compartment mounting. They also fit into the Ground Control front jack struts bases. The rears ones were mounted running forward from the stabilizer since there isn't any structural support under the rear cap. The key ring with metal fishing leader works great for keeping the T-handles from being lost.