New owner of a Silverado 37QB

Devi1Dog

Hello all,

Me and my wife just purchased a 2014 Silverado 37QB. Upgrade from our 2012 Palomino Puma 30KFB. We are enjoying it so far, will be only 2nd night in it tonight. I have had a few issues already but was my fault so I have to get them fixed. Forgot to put down the TV antenna in the master bedroom and hit a low hanging power line and ripped it out of the celling. Also didn't notice it until I put the master slide out and ripped up the exterior roof over the slide out with the interior portion of the antenna rotating handle. Got 2 nice 8"-9" tears in the vinyl material that covers it. Was a long night looking through the antenna hole at the sky. But anyway. Love it and we spend about 60% of our time in it. Pulling it with 2011 Dodge 3500 DRW Laramie Edition Crew Cab.

BittyMama

Could you possibly do me a favor and measure the cabinets in your bunk room? I'm trying to figure out what size containers to buy. We're closing on a '14 37QB on Monday. We'll be living in it full time.

Also, Yut yut! I was a Prowler ECMO, my husband is a P3 NFO. Currently stationed in Key West.

Devi1Dog

Not a problem. I will measure them as soon as I get off work this evening. We also now live in it full time. Love it. Make sure wherever you buy it from that you check all the pipe fittings for tightness. Ours was loose and we had water leak all over. Also if you like the little step at the base of the shower for shaving, my wife did, make sure you check it for solidness. Ours had no backing behind it and was flimsy.
Our water pump didn't work either but got it working finally. I would have them do a test run.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "home on wheels". Hope to see it on a future rally.

BittyMama

Awesome! Thanks for the tips. We were anticipating taking delivery without a chance to do an inspection but after reading some of the issues people have had with PDI, we'll be making another trip up. It's worth the time.

SDfromSD

We also just ordered a new 37QB to replace our travel trailer. Excited is an understatement. Hopefully will be ready to pick up in April. How are you liking your's so far?