2006 Heartland Meartana FEMA Camper Pricing

Muddywolf

I'm an attorney in SW Virginia representing a fella who's fallen on hard times...I need to sell a 2006 Heartland Meartana he purchased in 2011 for about $5K...I believe it's in decent shape. Haven't been able to find any "comps" to establish an asking price...anybody help?

Alan McGraw

danemayer

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. If this is a FEMA trailer built for hurricane evacuees, it's probably going to be hard to find a pricing guide. A Google search for "2006 Heartland FEMA" does pull up a few possibilities.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
If I recall, someone who should have known said that Heartland never produced a FEMA trailer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If I recall, someone who should have known said that Heartland never produced a FEMA trailer.

I had heard the same thing but 4 years ago I had seen several "Heartland" branded trailers in a campground at the Naval Air Station in ElCentro, CA. I was told by the folks there that they were FEMA trailers turned into "rental trailers".

That said, I've never heard of a Meartana. Crossbreed maybe? Probably a pretty spartan trailer with just the basics and very modest interiors. I would think you could compare it to a similar sized entry level of most any brand.

porthole

Retired

Maybe never "produced", but FEMA pretty much bought up every available trailer during the Katrina debacle.
The EPA facility in the town I work in had thousands of every type of trailer roll through. Almost everyone was a TT

Just one storage locaton

Attachments

• 070308_fematrailer_hmed_330a.grid-6x2.jpg
    070308_fematrailer_hmed_330a.grid-6x2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 48