Does Heartland make a full-time bunkhouse fifth wheel?

Sandee

We are in search of a full time bunkhouse fifth wheel and were excited to find out that Heartland claims to make full time RV's. However, it appears that not all of them are made for full time use, so I was wondering if any of the bunkhouse models are designed for that.

danemayer

Hi Sandee,

In the Luxury 5th Wheel segment, I believe Landmark, Big Horn, and Big Country units are specifically warranted for full-time use. I see there's a Gateway floorplan with bunkhouse, but I'm not sure if its warranty mentions full-time use. You might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective customer and ask for the Gateway Product Manager.

priorguy

37 ultimate is an Elkridge. Not sure if it's warrantied for full time use like landmark and bighorn. The gateway might be though as it's considered a luxury fifth wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizmary

We looked. We are fulltime in a cyclone using the garage for the bunk room. For now the kids have twin bunk beds. It isn't quite the same as the insulation isn't the same in the garage but it isn't terrible unless you are in extreme weather. If you go that route I would suggest the air conditioner in the main area, and one in the garage area rather than the front bedroom.

We are in a 4100 king. We wanted the rear half bath. With the new exhaust fan installed, it is a great deal. If you can do without the rear 1/2 bath I would go for the 4000 I think. That one has a severest living/kitchen area.

Just my thoughts. If we trade up in a few years and are still full timing we would probably look into a bunk model.

Not that I don't love heartland- we looked at tons of brands with bunk models. The Columbus was one that we liked, as well as an Open Range. But I don't know what their customer service is like. Based on my experience- we would probably try to stick with Heartland as long as they are making a model that we want. :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
37 ultimate is an Elkridge. Not sure if it's warrantied for full time use like landmark and bighorn. The gateway might be though as it's considered a luxury fifth wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ElkRidge line is a step down from the Silverado and Gateway models, which are a step down from Landmark/Bighorn/Big Country models... so I don't think an ElkRidge is warranted for full-time use. It will also have lower R-values in the insulation. We have stayed in our ElkRidge in 110+ and -26 temps, and both extremes were challenging... doable, but challenging.