New Toy - 2014 Silverado 32TS

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Stopped by the RV dealer on the way home from Christmas with the kids and grandkids and the wife and I bought a new 2014 Silverado 32TS. Will pick it up after the 1st of the year. We are really happy with this model.
Also need some help on tires. Want to have different ones put on. What type is best?
Has ST235/80/R16 E on the trailer now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 95

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Re: New Toy

Congrats!

I will leave the tire info to those who know better.

Kristy

danemayer

Congratulations Jim.

On tires, you might consider Goodyear G614s which will provide you with a lot of weight and speed margin as you tow. They're the tires used on Landmarks and as an optional upgrade on other 5ers. Check the wheels on your rig to make sure they're rated for 110psi - probably are, but better to check.

Jimsryker

I just had my Goodyear 235/85R 16 G614's installed. 5 of them. Don't let the difference between the "235/80" and the "235/85" worry you. While sightly taller, it will only be half that difference for the trailer. Mine installed fine with no clearance issues. I have a 36 ft. Cyclone and the total weight and potential weight of the trailer meant I had to go with these expensive G rated tires. Your trailer may not require that amount of capacity. I would also look at the the E rated LT tires from Michelin. I love their tires and the G614 is an LT tire too.

I was amazed at the weight of the unmounted G614 vs the "Blowmax" tires. You could carry a Towmax in each hand but the G614 required both hands and it was a struggle. Graphically shows the difference in materials in the two and the Towmax capacity was supposedly close to that of the G614. Glad they are gone.

Anybody looking for a set of 5 brand new tires?? LOL!

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

Thing is I don't have the trailer close by. Where I can check the rims to see if I can go with G614 which has a higher PSI.
the BlowMax tires on the trailer have a 80psi rating. The dealer will have what ever tire installed for me before hand.

Do you think calling Heartland and maybe they could tell me the rating on the rims?

jimtoo

If you have the VIN you could call Heartland and they could probably tell you.. but you might call your dealer and he can check. If you have not finalized the deal,, you might convince your dealer to change out the tires and wheels for you.

Jim M

Jimsryker

Thing is I don't have the trailer close by. Where I can check the rims to see if I can go with G614 which has a higher PSI.
the BlowMax tires on the trailer have a 80psi rating. The dealer will have what ever tire installed for me before hand.

Do you think calling Heartland and maybe they could tell me the rating on the rims?

i called the wheel manufacturer. Their web site also showed my rim. They told me the 8 spoke was rated to 110 psi.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

i called the wheel manufacturer. Their web site also showed my rim. They told me the 8 spoke was rated to 110 psi.

I looked very close at the pics I have of our trailer and it looks like it has the rims that have 8 spokes. I guess that means I can go with tires with 110psi rating like the G614......

Hippy

Take one of your wheels off or go underneath your 5ver. It would be stamped 110psi on the round flat portion of the wheel. Ours is visible both ways. I did this on my 2013 Bighorn. On the Cyclones, you have to take the wheel off and it is stamped on one of the spokes inside. Just did it today. Traded in my Bighorn for the Cyclone and part of the deal that I keep my G614s Goodyears.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Think I will be going with the Michelin XPS Rib tire. Size says LT235/85/R16 load rating E. OK so the tires on the trailer are Now are ST235/80/R16 E ratings. Both are max 80psi.

My question is.....will the 85 work on the trailer with no problems. I do not have the trailer close by to measure.

Thanks for the help.