I am at a lost for words, Towing Failure at its finest.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
This fellow from Mexico was parked next to us at a Offroad park East of Houston today.

What you don't see. This pick was a SRW originally, no front drive shaft, duct tape hold the front sway bar linkage on the driver side, and the extremely horrible job of converting the rear suspension to air bags. The welds were beyond words of scary. Then the trailer. I don't even know where to start.

Yes, the gooseneck is being towed by a receiver hitch. Not to mention there is a ft of tubing between the ball and the pickups mounted receiver.

7enahaby.jpg

Then this happened to me.
pahyda2y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

DesertThumper

Hey Matt,

Now that is mickey mouse BS. Lmao. Now on the other hand, fun in the mud is great. I'm sure you got it back up and running.

Great pics.

Al

alex00

Matt are you missing the d/s rear wheel or is it just buried in the mud? Either way that looks like a bad day.

That dude's truck and trailer combo sure put the whole gvwr/srw/DRW debate to bed. That should be the new benchmark. Just link to that picture whenever the question of will an SRW pull XYZ trailer comes up.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Matt are you missing the d/s rear wheel or is it just buried in the mud? Either way that looks like a bad day.

That dude's truck and trailer combo sure put the whole gvwr/srw/DRW debate to bed. That should be the new benchmark. Just link to that picture whenever the question of will an SRW pull XYZ trailer comes up.

The wheel was just buried in the mud. All was fine after we pulled the intake snorkel to clean the mud. Along with cleaning the engine oild from the air box. But she ran fine after that.

wildwolfproducts

That is normal from Mexico. But on the good side he has the Extension cord plugged in so hes safe. Love those safety chains also.
Pete

DonnyB007

This fellow from Mexico was parked next to us at a Offroad park East of Houston today.

What you don't see. This pick was a SRW originally, no front drive shaft, duct tape hold the front sway bar linkage on the driver side, and the extremely horrible job of converting the rear suspension to air bags. The welds were beyond words of scary. Then the trailer. I don't even know where to start.

Yes, the gooseneck is being towed by a receiver hitch. Not to mention there is a ft of tubing between the ball and the pickups mounted receiver.

Ha ha... Couldn't believe what I was seeing after I blew up the picture - lol

7enahaby.jpg

Then this happened to me.
pahyda2y.jpg

Yuk!! What a mucky upset that is to get out of - ya got to love it :)

TXTiger

I live 30 miles north of the border in San Diego, Calif and thought I have seen it all. This vehicle should not be allowed on the roads of the USA especially pulling that set up. He must have Shifting Sands of Arizona insurance.

Mizmary

I live 30 miles north of the border in San Diego, Calif and thought I have seen it all. This vehicle should not be allowed on the roads of the USA especially pulling that set up. He must have Shifting Sands of Arizona insurance.

+1! I always think I've seen it all. Then something else rolls past my house. Haha.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
The guy had Texas plates on the truck - Did he have Mexico plates on the trailer???

He didnt speak very good English. I would say he was in his 40's or so.

This setup is more on the extreme side of crap that I have seen. But not surprising. Mexicans do some crazy stuff and they always keep it interesting to say the least.