New member with 2014 4100 King question - Garage Heat?

ptysonjr

We just order this unit and I am still thinking of questions I should have asked the dealer. We ordered the unit with 3 a/c's, does anyone know if the main is a heat pump? Also, does anyone know if any of the available heat goes to the garage?

jbeletti

Congrats on your order and welcome to the Heartland family. Generally, Heat Pumps do not come as standard. That said, you may still have time to change your order. Call your rep right away. I think there is a heat duct in the garage. I've heard they tend to be minimally effective (single ducts, uninsulated floor and ramp/wall). If you're camping in real cold weather and need to work or live in the garage, most people augment with a space heater of some sort.

scottyb

Congratulations on your new 4100. You are going to love it. You are fortunate to be getting the 3rd AC, and maybe it can still be changed to a heat pump. If not, it certainly could be exchanged by you dealer since all the basics will be in place. I would really like to have the 3rd AC in the garage, but it was not available at the time. Most of our camping is in very hot conditions.

CabinetmakerII

We just order this unit and I am still thinking of questions I should have asked the dealer. We ordered the unit with 3 a/c's, does anyone know if the main is a heat pump? Also, does anyone know if any of the available heat goes to the garage?

As stated by Mr. Beletti, there is a heat duct in the garage however, all the heat is lost before it gets there. I complained to the factory (as have others) about the lack of heat in the garage. The the outside air temp at 30 degrees, I was getting 115 degree heat in the living area and only 40 degree "air" out of the duct in the garage. The answer I was given from the factory was "that is within specs" Apparently they have not fixed the problem yet. Plan on some sort of supplemental heat in the garage if camping in cooler climate. Good luck with your new rig!

TXTiger

I have a 2012 Cyclone 4014. I only have 2 A/C's. I do not have an A/C in the garage area. There is not much cooling from the main living area into the garage. As stated by others the ducting needs a lot to be desired. I put a fan in the door between the living area and the garage to blow some of the cool air into the garage. Not sure about heat options. If it gets cold enough to need to turn the heater on I think I would move to some place warmer. You may not have that option. I would do as Jim suggested and get a space heater.

jeffdee

I have a 3110 with 2 ACs and a 10' garage. I use a blower fan on the kitchen floor to push cool air into the garage. It does a good job and the couple that camps with us stays in the garage on the lower queen bunk and claim that they are comfortable. In the winter enough warm air drifts into the garage keeping the chill out. They use an electric blanket to stay warm at night. Granted down here in Louisiana it does not get as cold as it does up north. However, it will get into the 20s and 30s at night requiring the heater. The propane furnace does well heating the entire rv and the electronic fireplace does a great job of keeping the chill out of the den.

porthole

Retired
We never really expected the garage to be as warm or as cool as the main living area. So in the summer I use a fan or two in the garage. For the winter I added electric heat, there when I need it, turned off when not needed.

I did the same thing to the Cyclone.