Difference between Big Horn and Big Country

Martind

I am looking at both the BH and BC and was wondering what the major differences were. Is the quality of components better in the BH? Some of the layouts are very similar - that is not my concern right now. I am wondering why Heartland has two such similar lines of 5th wheels. Thanks... Dan

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Careful how you phrase this. I once got a public flogging for suggesting there was a quality difference :(. But now I understand that the primary difference is in what comes standard on one, like Landmark, is an option on another, like Bighorn (and hence the price difference). LM, BH, and BC all are built on the same assembly line.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It's a "features and benefits" difference between the three. Landmark is at the top. Bighorn and Big Country are similar but unique in their offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbear

I read someplace on another forum that one reason manufacturers will have almost identical lines is so they can have multiple, but still different, dealers within the same geographical area, thereby increasing brand visibility, overall corporate sales and market share.

priorguy

That's it too. Some dealers get exclusive rights to a brand so you just provide the other dealer a different name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk