Bedroom slide cable

DonHelenL

I have a 2013, Bighorn 3010RE. The bottom cables on the bedroom have about an inch of play( when I pull down or push up on them) when the slides are fully out. The top cables are very tight. Can anyone advise me as to whether this the proper tension or not. I checked with friends of ours who have a Landmark and it was similar in tension as ours. The slide works great so I am thinking this is normal

Garypowell

Don. Mine is probably not that loose but it is slack. If I could ask you a question about your slide.

Mine is is as smooth as silk closing motor just hums. It used to be that way opening but now it seems to "grind" a little more.

How ow does yours sound each way?

thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One set of cables pulls the slide in. The other set pull the slide out.
If the lower cables are slack when the slide is out, they should be taut when the slides are in.
The opposite is true with the other set of cables.

Peace
Dave

DonHelenL

Thanks guys. Haven't tried the cables when the slide is closed but that makes sense. Gary...Most of the time it is very quiet, but every now and then it does make a different sound when it is almost closed. Can't say for sure if I remember it as being a grinding noise or not but will take note in the future.

sengli

Mine started out all relatively taught. Then the lower ones got slack. Again mine seemingly worked fine too. I found the document in the hugs area here and there is a calibration procedure there. I found on mine there were some foam tension washers that had failed, which allowed the lower cables to become slack on one side only. I popped the bed apart to get to the mechanism and just tightened some fittings. Now the cables are all tight again like it was when new. I think what might happen is when the slide bottoms out those foam peices in the tension fittings, just get smahed and fall out.