Black tank flush in UDC

ncrzrbk

I have noticed in looking at other brands both blank tank flush inlets are in the docking station. This is especially useful in a bunk house model with two black tanks. Having all the water connections in one area is very useful. There are also larger holding tanks in some new models of other brands. Any chance the new silverado models will have something like this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wdk450

I have noticed in looking at other brands both blank tank flush inlets are in the docking station. This is especially useful in a bunk house model with two black tanks. Having all the water connections in one area is very useful. There are also larger holding tanks in some new models of other brands. Any chance the new silverado models will have something like this?

I haven't hears of any Heartlands with 2 black tanks. You can get on add-on flusher kits at most good Trailer/RV parts stores, or online. Here's one listing:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/tornado-permanent-tank-rinser-with-remote-connection/28091

ncrzrbk

I have a Sundance with 2 black tanks. The black flush for the front is in the UDC. The rear black is on the door side. Forest river is putting both black flush in the UDC. Makes the job a lot easier.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I believe several of the Cyclone and Road Warrior floor plans have 2 black tanks with one tank fitted with the tank flusher.

ncrzrbk

I know this is how heartland is doing this currently. Those of us with bunkhouses have the rear black tank flush. My point with all of this is that I have noticed in new FR products with rear bunks. The 2nd black tank flush is in the front with the UDC. So you only have to do the flush from one area and not have to drag the hose to the back to flush the rear black tank. My question is heartland looking to add this in the UDC in the future? It would make the tank flushing more user friendly.

GWRam

Having both flushes in the UDC would be more user friendly when camping, but that 20'+ long line from UDC to rear black tank would take a fair amount of antifreeze at winterization time. I'm thinking 3/4-1 gallon. We winterize 3-5 times a winter. After each winter trip. That would be up to 5 more gallons of antifreeze. So it would be a trade off for us. And I don't black flush every trip, just when I get a bogus sensor reading or before first winterization of the year. Should I be black flushing more often?

ncrzrbk

I flush both black tanks at the end of each trip at full hook up campgrounds. Not sure if it is necessary but I don't like leaving areas for odors to occur. It's just the way I prefer to do it. The FR products also have the winterization valves in the UDC as well so it would make that easier.

coffeeman

The last time I used my black flush I found water on the floor of my commode area. It also shorted out my Converter. When I replaced the converter I noticed water standing on top of the black tank. After I had dumped the black tank I ran the rinse as usual...perhaps a little longer with the dump valve open. I don't know if I had a clogger which created the back up. I plans are to have my wife run the rinse while I check for leaks under the commode area. But thought I'd post if anyone had similar problems. I've since relocated the converter. Txs

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A little longer with the dump valve open?
It sound like you are flushing with your valve closed at times.
If so you need to be really careful doing that.
Many people have created problems for themselves by doing it that way.
One other thing to be aware of is that the anti-syphon valve for the flusher us usually located behind a wall in the commode room.
That could be the source of your leak.
What year and floorplan is your rig? Maybe someone with that model can tell you where that valve is located.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

When running the black flush with the valve closed, it's handy to use your cell phone timer alarm to make sure you don't overfill the tank. Starting with a nearly empty tank, you should be able to safely add water for 5-6 minutes. Don't estimate the time. Use the timer with an alarm. That way you'll get the right time and if you get distracted, the alarm will remind you.

coffeeman

One other thing to be aware of is that the anti-syphon valve for the flusher us usually located behind a wall in the commode room.
What year and floorplan is your rig? Maybe someone with that model can tell you where that valve is located.

Peace
Dave

I alway leave the dump valve open when rinsing. This a 2009 Big Horn 3600RL...I'll have the DW check the anti-siphon valve as well. I can't imagine water blowing back up thru the commode, but nothing in a RV suprises me. Txs for the responses

SeattleLion

Peace
Dave

I didn't realize that the black flush has an anti-siphon valve. I have one that I bought and attach to the flush hose. It can't hurt to have two, I guess.

coffeeman

After further research the anti-siphon device appears to be the culprit as a few others shorted out there converters as well because of it. Now trying to find it....I've read it is directly behind the wall closet and that wall should have screws to remove the back wall of the closet. Mine apparently does not and I'm hoping it is in the basement are. I believe I'll replace it with a check valve and be done with it.

jimtoo

Coffeeman, look in your shower, just below faucet handles you should have about 6-8" cover for access to shower faucets... look back there and see if you find the anti-siphon back there also.

coffeeman

Jimtoo---txs for the response. That is the first place I looked and I called Heartland to see where else it may be, that is where the directed my. I relooked felt around and no anti siphon. Others have posted it was behind the entry closet wall, no access there and I can't find it in the basement area. Now it could have been removed, I don't know as I'm second owner. If it has been removed then my only guess is that the rinse tank hose has a leak. I'll revisit some of the pix of the valve and decide if I even want to reinstall it if it is missing. I'll tackle this on my next trip to my RV. Take care,

jimtoo

When you were looking back there, did you see just 2 hoses going up, 1 red, 1 blue, or were there 4 lines? If just the two,, sounds like it might have been removed or pulled down anyway. You might pull the panel off the basement behind the doc center and look and see if it has been moved. Look for 2 lines going up into wall and not a need for them on the inside.

Jim M

coffeeman

When you were looking back there, did you see just 2 hoses going up, 1 red, 1 blue, or were there 4 lines? If just the two,, sounds like it might have been removed or pulled down anyway. You might pull the panel off the basement behind the doc center and look and see if it has been moved. Look for 2 lines going up into wall and not a need for them on the inside.

Jim M

I've contacted previous owner..I looked down there already but I could have missed it. If he has removed it , then I just have to repair a leak. Problem solving is always the big thing. Txs.

wdk450

Try following the hose from the black tank flush fitting on the back side of the UDC and see where it goes.