Winterizing In A Travel Trailer

wonsibes

I will be storing my Northline Travel Trailer in Mt.Pleasant,SC from the end of January to the end of May. There are a few days when it gets into the 20's and some in the low 30's for a few hours. The highs range from 42-70 F. The coldest times are around 4 AM to 6 AM. The trailer is a four season trailer and water lines are enclosed. I will be draining all tanks a few days before I take the RV into storage. I need to know some opinions on whether to winterize for Feb and March. Since this will be my first time to do this I would like to hear what RV'ers have to say.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Winterizing isn't too hard a process. It may go faster with two people, one managing the siphoning of antifreeze, the other turning on and off faucets. Should not take more than 20-30 minutes the first time, and will get easier once you have experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Winterizing can easily be done by one person. I bring along a 5 gallon bucket and pour my antifreeze into that. Go inside, start the pump and have at it. I do this in the storage yard at the end of our season. Before pumping in the antifreeze, I use air pressure (40 psi) to blow out the lines.