two questions

Jackbaum

We are new North Trail 26RLS owners.
1/ Is there a product that will clean the water spots off the windows? We are reluctant to use anything with alcohol.
2/ We have a stove top with exciters which normally start the burners. After refilling the propane bottle for the firs time, the igniters will no longer start the stove top burners. They can be started with a match. Must be air in the lines but the burners work fine if stated with an external flame. Anyone else have these issues?
Thanks in advance for your help................Jack

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are a couple of products that you might want to try on your windows.
RainX might work on the water spots and give you some protection in the future. I can be found at Wal Mart.
A product that I use is Wash Wax All. You can find it on Amazon for around 10 bucks.
As far as your stove goes, if you can lift the top of the stove up, look at the wire that run from the switch to the ignitor. Sometimes it likes to pop off.

Peace
Dave

Lynn1130

"Ducky". Sold at most boat supply stores. I used it for years with several boats and it is the best there is for removing water spots. I do not know, however, how it works on protective/shading film on windows so that might be a call to the manufacturer to get clarification.

Lift the top of the burner surface and check to see if the ignitor wire has come loose from it's connection at the front of the stove. A very common issue with these stoves.

After I wrote this I checked the Ducky page and found this;

http://www.duckyproducts.com/wsr-glass.html

pegmikef

As far as your stove goes, if you can lift the top of the stove up, look at the wire that run from the switch to the ignitor. Sometimes it likes to pop off.

Yeah and make sure it is tightly connected. Mine had just worked loose a couple of times, but was still connected. Pushing it back on tightly fixed it just fine.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try Rain-X 2in1 Glass Cleaner and use a microfiber cloth. I've found those cloths the best for cleaning windows and getting black streaks off the sides.

Our ignitor wire also likes to pop off over the course of the summer, even though the rig hasn't moved! And if there is air in the lines after changing bottles, you may need to "bleed" it at the burner to get enough gas for the small spark to light it. I prefer to use a butane campfire lighter with the flame on to do this. Light the lighter and then turn on the gas. Often have to do this with my Weber Q grills, too.

brianharrison

What causes the water spots? Washing windows with hard water or high alkalinity will leave spots when the water drop evaporates. Vinegar at 50:50 mix with deionized, distilled, or RO water should remove water spots.

Using deionized, distilled, or RO water with a bit of liquid household ammonia (1/4 cup to 4 gallons) is what I use to clean windows. Ammonia will cut through film and grease. A small squeegee (shower style) can be used to remove most of the water from the outside of the window before finishing up with a lint free cloth.

Hope this helps.
Brian

Jackbaum

THanks to everyone who responded. Will give your suggestions a try as soon as we get the rig back from service.