Frozen Water Line

navyAZ1

We just had one of those rare really cold snaps here in Georgia got down to 11 degrees. I don't winterize since we are always going somewhere either on business or pleasure so I had the BH sitting down here and left the furnance set for 55 degrees. I went in the next morning to do some work since I have my office set up in the BH turned the pump on to use the potty later that morning and found out I had a frozen water line that would not let me get any water from the fresh water tank. I checked and the heat duct for the lower area is working and putting out heat but still had a frozen line from the water tank to the pump. Has anyone else had this problem, I'm a little upset:mad: since I thought the whole idea of the heated space down there was to prevent frozen lines. I can't see down in there very well but I'm thinking that the water line must come awfully close to some steel or something that conducted the cold to that water line and caused it to freeze. Got any ideas:confused:?

aquiring signal

There are a few other threads here in this forum about frozen water water pipes. Use the search function & you'll find them. They helped me and I learned alot. Good luck!

jvblade

Canadian Member
Check out this thread just started recently. Lots of good info here.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=13701