Decal and caulking removal

Kblock108

I talked with some pros on decal removal and many suggested a 3m eraser wheel. It's designed to remove pin stripes, decals and adhesives. Anyone ever use one to remove caulking ? Seems like it would work on getting most off...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
To remove the caulk from the vertical areas, I just use a plastic putty knife. For the roof caulk, just clean it and caulk over it with the self-leveling caulk. Not recommended to remove it first.

Birchwood

I agree with JohnDar on removing caulking.As for decals it would take you many hours to remove RV decals with a 3M eraser.I have removed many decals from my Landmark with a heat gun and finger nails.

olcoon

To remove the caulk from the vertical areas, I just use a plastic putty knife. For the roof caulk, just clean it and caulk over it with the self-leveling caulk. Not recommended to remove it first.​

I agree with John about the caulking on the roof. At a seminar in Goshen in 2011, that's what I was told by a rep from Dicor who put on the seminar.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The only "extra" thing I did when recaulking the roof seams was to lightly trowel the new caulk with a plastic putty knife. Made it look real neat and purdy.

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When I had to remove and replace some decals on our previous Landmark I tried everything before finding a product called ' Vinyl Off'. I had to order it online but it worked great. Later I found a product at Home Depot which is an Orange room deodorizer and it worked great. It was still a pita to do it. If I had to do it again I would pay someone.

happykraut

The Orange Room Deodorizer from Home Depot worked good for me, but would not work on the decal on the fenders.

TXTiger

I have used a blow dryer also and just peel off the decal when it is warm/hot enough. Be careful with the Goo B Gone, it may remove the paint. Test it on a small area before you try using it.

For the decals I used my wifes blow dryer and then Goo b Gone to get the residual glue left behind.